Cycle Cafe,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Andrew and i decided we would cycle from Salterhebble (Halifax) to Sowerby Bridge taking the cycle route along the canal towpath, it was a lovely steady ride and upon arrival in Sowerby Bridge I told Andrew I would take him to the new "Cycle Cafe" that has opened in Sowerby this year.
What a disappointment to get there and find there was nowhere to chain our bikes up to, yes there were bike stands outside the cafe / shop but they were full of bikes for sale.
Now call me picky or pedantic but I would have thought if they wanted to attract potential customers both to the cafe as well as the shop they would have provided bike stands or similar for customers to secure their bikes whilst they have a bite to eat or browse the bikes for sale section. We rode back towards home and stopped part way to sit at a picnic table outside the local chippy where we enjoyed fish butties. A good ride out totaling around five miles there and back and Andrews first "proper" bike ride, at four years old he has done well.:rolleyes:

Well done Andrew :bicycle::okay:

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Happy days cycles?

Shame about no bikestands- but I'm sure they would have been happy for you to leave them in the shop somewhere?

It's good to have a new bike shop around. My dad took a bike there for a job and reported that they are friendly and the price was reasonable. This is good because there are a lot of bike shops around who seem strangely uninterested in actually fixing bikes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I stopped at an ice cream farm a couple of weeks ago.......they had stands with perhaps 30 bike slots.
The negative was they were out of site from the seating area and I dont imagine too many roaf cyclists carry locks.
Uhmmm....a good thread to start....I will do that :smile:

Nibor

Bewildered
There is a cycle cafe in Edenfield called the Drop Off cafe that has plenty of boike stands in good view and supplies locks to borrow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
i was unable to find anywhere to secure our bikes so no, I didn't venture into the shop. I have messaged them via their facebook page I will see what response I get.

Good. Some places don't realise what cyclists actually want in a cafe. So it's good to let them know what is needed. It will be interesting to see their reply.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Good. Some places don't realise what cyclists actually want in a cafe.
This is very true. One of the things I rate cafes on is whether they have hooks on the back of the toilet doors. A small thing, but when wearing bib shorts it's very handy to have somewhere to put your top.

OP
OP
S

steve50

Disenchanted Member
i was unable to find anywhere to secure our bikes so no, I didn't venture into the shop. I have messaged them via their facebook page I will see what response I get.

Three days later, still no response from the cycle cafe owners................very strange and not what i would expect from anyone who runs a business, I would have thought good customer service was paramount if they want a strong customer base, repeat visits and recommendations.

Goggs

Guru
First off, well done to the wee man!

My LBS has at least 50 bikes for sale outside his shop. The downside is that any customer turning up on a bike must then park it out of sight around the corner. It's simply not good enough.

Three days later, still no response from the cycle cafe owners................very strange and not what i would expect from anyone who runs a business, I would have thought good customer service was paramount if they want a strong customer base, repeat visits and recommendations.

Good luck with it. Since starting to research my latest bike purchase I have attempted to contact 3 bike shops in my area via Facebook & even the manufacturer - Cube - twice via email and as yet have received no reply to any. You'd think they don't want money.

Strong recommendation for the excellent Cafe Velo in Beverley. Racks inside the cafe! Lots of great memorabilia to look at too.
2016-04-29 09.07.29.jpg

Top Bottom