Cycle Chat Christmas Party - London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Does this mean you chaps are going to be tucked up in bed by the time I get there? Can't see me being there much before 8pm the way this week is going :cry:

Best set your clock forward by four hours then, if you want wit, intelligence and repartie. Then, after chatting with Adrian, we'll turn up...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Pre-party recce done.

It's a great little place, full of character and a good suggestion by CoG.
I met Sitting duck, Tynan and Mistral for a pint or two of some lovely stout, bitter and lager, all of which was surprising very well priced at about £2.20 a pint. Not bad for a central London boozer.

The bar is split into lots of room on different levels. We decided that the best place to be would in the downstairs bar.
My main reason for this being that the toilets are located at the bottom of some very low winding stairs. At 6ft I nearly had to sit down and shuffle one step at a time to get down and I still hit my head a couple of times.
So let's stay on the same level for as much as possible.
The downstairs bar also has the largest standing area, as well as a separate area with lots of seating.

It's dimly lit to help soften the hardened weathered faces of all us cyclists :tongue: so if you want to take souvenir pictures better bring something a bit better than your phone ( a make up artist and a copy of photoshop is also preferred)
I took a few pictures but they didn't come out.

Food is served until 10pm in the cellar bar , they give you a pager when you order to make you feel like a city exec. and to tell you when your food is ready to collect.
The menu is very well priced at £5.95 for the standard meals (pie & chips, lasagna etc) or £7.95 for the posher option of fish/scampi & chips etc. Sitting duck may be able to put his picture of the menu up later.

Boris bike station is right round the corner. Temple tube is a 7 min walk (probably the same for all the other ones I listed), lots of buses. There's various street furniture to chain a bike to or the railings in the same alley way as the pub entrance, and opposite the door. They don't have any "no bike" signs on them, so you could get away using them for a few hours (although you could probably only get a couple on there before they started to block the passage).

If you've never met anyone of this forum before, count yourself lucky, then look for the Cycle Chat cap which will be placed on a table, chair, bar, head, foot.....depending on the time you arrive and don't be shy about introducing yourself.

2eq6rs6.jpg

Clutching a handful of drinks will guarantee that you will have many friends for the whole evening and possibly beyond.

Official kick off at 6pm, but early starters are welcome even encouraged
biggrin.gif

martint235

Dog on a bike
At 6ft I nearly had to sit down and shuffle one step at a time to get down and I still hit my head a couple of times

Official kick off at 6pm, but early starters are welcome even encouraged
biggrin.gif

Oh f*** that's me bleeding then.

I'll have to get there early to get the liquid painkiller in for my head! :cry:

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Oh f*** that's me bleeding then.

I'll have to get there early to get the liquid painkiller in for my head! :cry:

Which is why it's best to go down them while your still sober and stay down. Coming up was ok.

Problems could arise when people go up stairs to get some signal on their phones and then have to return downstairs.

Perhaps we should all bring our cycling helmets :tongue:

At 6ft I nearly had to sit down and shuffle one step at a time to get down and I still hit my head a couple of times.

flats it is then
sad.gif

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Davey for prompting all this unnecessary abuse.

I take you you have not been subjected to the pictures of Davy at certain "fancy dress" parties then?

If you had, then you would know that there would be no need to apologise.

Top Bottom