Cycle Chat Christmas Party - London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I thought this was a drink in a nice pub, when did it turn into an Indian restaurant?

If it has ...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
I thought this was a drink in a nice pub, when did it turn into an Indian restaurant?

If it has ...

We'll be in the pub for a few hours before heading to get some food, then probably back to the pub.

There may be a few who don't want to go for a curry, so can wait in the pub for the others to return.

The 10th is establishing itself as the favourite day.

I'll give it until Wednesday evening before closing the poll and setting the date.

So far we have

Friday 10th December
The Cheshire Cheese, Little Essex St (aim for the downstairs bar if it's not too busy)

The Sitar Restaurant, The Strand

Time? I can be there for about 6.45-7pm.

Not sure what time the pub closes. So it may be best to stay there until 9.30/10PM(?) before heading to The Sitar.
After we've eaten we can either head back to The CC or find somewhere else open.

Does anyone not want to go to The Sitar for dinner?

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
It was always going to be impossible to please everybody. There's likely to be some who are disappointed.

We can take one vote off the 10th option....zimzum's one.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
No - would have to take time off and I've got none left.

If most people want the 10th, then I'm not going to moan, just hoping you'll all go for another day!!!!!!

yello

Keeping an eye on this... if I can get a cheap Eurostar return for whatever date you decide then I might just bob in for a pint or two.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
So far we have

Friday 10th December
The Cheshire Cheese, Little Essex St (aim for the downstairs bar if it's not too busy)

The Sitar Restaurant, The Strand

Time? I can be there for about 6.45-7pm.

Not sure what time the pub closes. So it may be best to stay there until 9.30/10PM(?) before heading to The Sitar.
After we've eaten we can either head back to The CC or find somewhere else open.

Does anyone not want to go to The Sitar for dinner?

I can be there for, ooooh around 4:15, as I work just up the road and leave by 4pm usually :smile:
Not sure if anyone else finishes quite early or if everybody is likely to rock up after 6?

Not fussed about a curry myself but will go with the crowd.

Cheers for organising this Luke - looking forward to it now! :cheers:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
No - would have to take time off and I've got none left.

If most people want the 10th, then I'm not going to moan, just hoping you'll all go for another day!!!!!!

I have to warn you that the voting system has been infiltrated by out-of-towners! I ticked the Fri 10th box when I saw Luke's thread cos I might be in town that weekend. But it's a might-be thing. So if other dates are better for the Londoners and other definites, then do feel free to discount my vote as a barmy provincial distraction...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
Is there anyone else who wishes to join us and put a vote in for a preferred drinking date.

Even discounting zimzum's vote for the 10th (which can probably be replaced by Davywalnut) the 10th is the winner at the moment.
I'll keep it open until I get back from the FNRttC on Saturday.

As there's been little feedback in regards to Crock's offer of a discounted curry. I think we should just play that by ear on the night, rather than make reservations with a restaurant.

So provisionally we have

Friday 10th December, 6PM
Correction:
Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese, Fleet Street

I've said 6PM but Sitting Duck looks as if he will be there from 4.15 keeping our seats warm :thumbsup:

Is there anyone who needs a PM to point them in the right direction?

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Don't **** with Sam Smith's stoat dude!!!!!

stoat.jpg

Top Bottom