Cycle Chat Christmas Party - London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Origamist

Legendary Member
count me in on the 10th

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Is there anyone else who wishes to join us and put a vote in for a preferred drinking date.

Even discounting zimzum's vote for the 10th (which can probably be replaced by Davywalnut) the 10th is the winner at the moment.
I'll keep it open until I get back from the FNRttC on Saturday.

As there's been little feedback in regards to Crock's offer of a discounted curry. I think we should just play that by ear on the night, rather than make reservations with a restaurant.

So provisionally we have

Friday 10th December, 6PM
The Cheshire Cheese, Little Essex St (aim for the downstairs bar if it's not too busy)

I've said 6PM but Sitting Duck looks as if he will be there from 4.15 keeping our seats warm :thumbsup:

Is there anyone who needs a PM to point them in the right direction?

Luke I just clicked your linky and the pub isn't quite where I was expecting it to be. I thought we were talking about the one that looks like this:

yeoldecheshirecheese.jpg

Y'know - Dr Johnson, and all that. In a little yard off Fleet Street. Am I confusing my Cheeses?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Am I confusing my Cheeses?

Yes. Easily done though. The one you are thinking of is YE OLDE Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street, the one everyone else is referring to is THE Cheshire Cheese on Little Essex Street.

If you click on the name of the pub in RedJedi's post, it takes you to their website.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Yes. Easily done though. The one you are thinking of is YE OLDE Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street, the one everyone else is referring to is THE Cheshire Cheese on Little Essex Street.

If you click on the name of the pub in RedJedi's post, it takes you to their website.

Thanks - yes I clicked on that - what I'm driving at is whether he meant to link to the Olde Cheshire Cheese, and came up with the other website by a Googling accident. The one on Fleet Street being considerably better-known. Have I mentioned Dr Johnson?

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I see now. No, I don't think the link was an accident, it specified the street, and it's more logical given the choice of curry house.

Did you mention Johnson? I can't remember, you might have done. Twice. :biggrin:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
I see now. No, I don't think the link was an accident, it specified the street, and it's more logical given the choice of curry house.

Did you mention Johnson? I can't remember, you might have done. Twice. :biggrin:

There's only a few hundred yards in it.

I have just looked back over the thread, and the boozer was suggested by CoG, who also mentioned Sam Smith's beers. He almost certainly meant Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese. You have to admit it makes sense, whether Dr Johnson drank there or not...

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
[QUOTE 1239838"]

The Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street?

[/quote]

You could be right Claude. We'll need CoG to confirm his recommendation as it does say the one on Fleet Street, but then it also says "The" and no mention of Olde.

I don't know either of the Cheeses so have no preference. Ye Olde one does look interesting

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Tell you what - Tomorrow lunch time I am going to take a stroll down and recce this gaff :thumbsup:
No Cyclechat access from work PCs (/spit) but I will report my findings tomorrow evening!

Cheers,
SD

OP
OP
redjedi

redjedi

Über Member
It would be a shame if you can't User.

Perhaps someone would like to arrange a CC xmas bash part 2 for those you can't make the 10th?

Top Bottom