Cycle Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

a_n_t said:
26 mph average on the track doesn't seem OTT to me? Depends what they are doing I guess?

But this isn't track as in big wooden bowl, this is as in fik-off car racing circuit on a hill.

Chrisz

Über Member
Only one bit is up hill - a short but steep one mind you :biggrin:

Last time I had a play there my average was well over 23mph (several years ago) and I was spat off the back (I may even have been lapped by the front guys :wacko:)

Bigtwin

Chrisz said:
Only one bit is up hill - a short but steep one mind you :biggrin:

Last time I had a play there my average was well over 23mph (several years ago) and I was spat off the back (I may even have been lapped by the front guys :wacko:)

AAh well, there you go then. The average TDF speed is usually around 25mph, so if he can keep that up over about 2000 laps, he's in with a crack at the title.

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

Dave5N said:
Sam,
how old are you?

If as I suspect you are a youth rider, you need a proper Go Ride club with coaches who will help you progress.TBH, if you are older, the same clubs will be able to sort you out.

Im sure they can help me out...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
:wacko::laugh::biggrin::laugh:
Have you read any posts you started?
All the questions about shoes, pedals and stuff has been answered.

I love CyclingSam posts:laugh:

Dave5N

Über Member
Um, not that fast. The under tens will average 20MPH or so for 12K

theboytaylor

SAM that sounds like a very aggressive set-up. Go there a few times and struggle and you'll probably get disillusioned/ ill pretty quick.

From seeing your other posts, I'd advise trying to find a club that has a friendly weekend ride - Chrisz's recommended one already on the first page of this thread. As an example (though nowhere near you), my club does a 30 mile run on Saturday mornings that welcomes all comers and averages 15mph in the slower groups. The club riders there are normally chilling out (may have a race the next day, etc) and are friendly and approachable and would be able to advise you on all your questions.

Can I ask why you went to talk to the owner of the track rather than a local cycling club? A quick Google (something YOU could do) revealed that the club who go to Lydden on Tuesdays are VC Deal: http://www.activcycles.co.uk/vcdeal/rides.html
Quote from their website about Tuesdays : "This facility offers a very hard training session".

Better news is that on the same page they show a Saturday and Sunday ride - and Junior sessions. There's even contact details so you can talk to someone from the club.

I really think you should start on something like that to find your feet. You can't tell if you get on with a club if you've got black spots in front of your eyes and you're throwing up!

SAM, there has been a lot of good advice given to you around these posts and you consistently seem to ignore it. That's your right, of course, but I'm sure that over time all you're going to end up getting are the insults and wind-ups.

OP
OP
C

CyclingSAM

theboytaylor said:
SAM that sounds like a very aggressive set-up. Go there a few times and struggle and you'll probably get disillusioned/ ill pretty quick.

From seeing your other posts, I'd advise trying to find a club that has a friendly weekend ride - Chrisz's recommended one already on the first page of this thread. As an example (though nowhere near you), my club does a 30 mile run on Saturday mornings that welcomes all comers and averages 15mph in the slower groups. The club riders there are normally chilling out (may have a race the next day, etc) and are friendly and approachable and would be able to advise you on all your questions.

Can I ask why you went to talk to the owner of the track rather than a local cycling club? A quick Google (something YOU could do) revealed that the club who go to Lydden on Tuesdays are VC Deal: http://www.activcycles.co.uk/vcdeal/rides.html
Quote from their website about Tuesdays : "This facility offers a very hard training session".

Better news is that on the same page they show a Saturday and Sunday ride - and Junior sessions. There's even contact details so you can talk to someone from the club.

I really think you should start on something like that to find your feet. You can't tell if you get on with a club if you've got black spots in front of your eyes and you're throwing up!

SAM, there has been a lot of good advice given to you around these posts and you consistently seem to ignore it. That's your right, of course, but I'm sure that over time all you're going to end up getting are the insults and wind-ups.

If i could find a Sundy cycle I could still do the Lydden Cycle club?

The Lydden circuit isn't racing.

He said its ganna be hard and scary for the 1st few goes.

Right back tonight off for a 36 miles

Top Bottom