Cycle friendly cafes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Nice I can add a few around here

dodgy

They seem to have lifted the list of cafes from my Google maps listing, I'm not that bothered since i don't maintain it anymore.
I know they've lifted it from me, because some of the descriptions are word for word the same as on my listing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXtMhzs_Rkb1LG3R3Za42RWT4Do&usp=sharing

e.g cyclingmaps.net say this about 'Ness Gardens' on Wirral

"Ness Gardens
Nestron Road, Neston, Cheshire CH64 4AY
Excellent facility within the Botanical gardens, no admission charge to use the Cafe. Great if Eureka is closed"

And my listing says:
"Excellent facility within the Botanical gardens, no admission charge to use the café. Great if Eureka is closed. "

/shrug

They seem to have lifted the list of cafes from my Google maps listing, I'm not that bothered since i don't maintain it anymore.
I know they've lifted it from me, because some of the descriptions are word for word the same as on my listing.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KXtMhzs_Rkb1LG3R3Za42RWT4Do&usp=sharing

e.g cyclingmaps.net say this about 'Ness Gardens' on Wirral

"Ness Gardens
Nestron Road, Neston, Cheshire CH64 4AY
Excellent facility within the Botanical gardens, no admission charge to use the Cafe. Great if Eureka is closed"

And my listing says:
"Excellent facility within the Botanical gardens, no admission charge to use the café. Great if Eureka is closed. "

/shrug

That is good info, in all the times I have passed Ness Gardens I didn't know you could go in to use the cafe and have ended "off the beaten track" at Nets.

Siimo

Pardon me, but what's the criteria for being included as 'cycle friendly' here? Easy to get to on safe routes? Cycle parking available? Not minding us coming in in sweaty lycra? I can see at least one place right on a NCN route who immediately opened a side gate so could leave Lisa safely in the courtyard and, had great food and coffee that isn't on this map.

dodgy

Pardon me, but what's the criteria for being included as 'cycle friendly' here? Easy to get to on safe routes? Cycle parking available? Not minding us coming in in sweaty lycra? I can see at least one place right on a NCN route who immediately opened a side gate so could leave Lisa safely in the courtyard and, had great food and coffee that isn't on this map.

Quite, one of the reasons I stopped maintaining my list. In the end I came to the conclusion it would be more useful to have a 'cyclist not welcome' cafe list. In all the years I've been riding, pretty much every single cafe has been accommodating and the ones that were unwelcoming are still stuck in my memory even now.

You get to know which cafes are good by personal experience and word of mouth. Can't see the point of a site that aims to record all the cyclist friendly cafes as it just becomes essentially a database of, well, cafes :okay:

Top Bottom