Cycle friendly casual winter clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeltz

Veteran
I'm happy being Lycra clad most of the time while cycling and summer cycle trips to the pub, BBQ's and so on are fine in shorts and a T-shirt but as Autumn and Winter sets in I need to have some different clobber to ride to social events if I'm not going to resort to the car or a bus.

Any recommendations for casual clothing particularly trousers/jeans which are comfortable to cycle in, journeys might entail up to 9 mile hilly journeys each way.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I wear Endura Firefly trousers. http://endura.co.uk/products/?ProductID=103&initcode=E8020

Very happy with them. Note, they are not waterproof.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I wear cheap jeans (roll up right leg) and walking type shoes for the hard wearing sole.

Fleecy outdoor tops for their warmth and breath ability.

The key is to ride slowly to avoid overheating and sweating.

bikeman66

Your usual, comfy cycling gear...........a small rucksack filled with your glad rags............ A visit to the smallest room upon arrival at social event...............and hey-presto, you are instantly transformed in to Supercyclingpartyanimalman, or woman (delete as applicable).

OP
OP
jeltz

jeltz

Veteran
Your usual, comfy cycling gear...........a small rucksack filled with your glad rags............ A visit to the smallest room upon arrival at social event...............and hey-presto, you are instantly transformed in to Supercyclingpartyanimalman, or woman (delete as applicable).

That's the logical way but I was trying to avoid too much bulk.

Top Bottom