Cycle gps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buzzinonbikes

So when people say the 500 doesn't 'do mapping' do you mean it doesn't show a big nice map of where you are like the 800? But you can still give it a route and it will guide you via GPS right?
Thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So when people say the 500 doesn't 'do mapping' do you mean it doesn't show a big nice map of where you are like the 800? But you can still give it a route and it will guide you via GPS right?
Thanks

Indeed.
the 800 has full colour mapping & sat nav.
The 200/500 has what's called a bread crumb trail. It's a grey line that you follow. It tell's you if you go off course. You have to pre-load a route before you ride.

garmin-edge-500-in-depth-review-88.jpg

Buzzinonbikes

Indeed.
the 800 has full colour mapping & sat nav.
The 200/500 has what's called a bread crumb trail. It's a grey line that you follow. It tell's you if you go off course. You have to pre-load a route before you ride.

Perfect thanks! Exactly what I wanted to know. Might be on the cards for a purchase next year. Probably have to wait a bit seeing as I am potentially putting the deposit down on my first road bike this weekend! :dance:

FreeFlow Bikes

I have the Garmin Edge 705 and love it. Fancy the 800 but can't justify the price when my 705 is working well and Santa has other things to buy for the kids! To be fair there's probably more functions/data on it than I require but I love my gadgets and gizmos!

I use the speed sensor and cadence sensor and as it's mounted on the rear it's ideal for use during Turbo Trainer Sessions. You can also create your workout on it or on Garmin Connect and export it to the device,

If you have the money I'd personally go for a Garmin, others may say different.

Top Bottom