Cycle Insurance away from home.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Some weeks ago a CC member asked about this (can't find the op) as his friend had been 'mugged' and found he wasn't insured for this.
I have just renewed my home insurance with Churchill and as I have just purchased a new carbon bike @ £1400 wanted to ensure it was covered.........the findings are.....
  1. Standard house insurance will cover a cycle to a set value* (each company has their own value) so long as it's on the premises. * I think mine was in the region of just £350.
  2. I paid an extra premium which was less than £40.00 and it is now covered for theft from home or away from home so long as............a) its securely locked or b) stolen with violence or threat of violence.
Just thought this might be useful for others who may just assume they are covered.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I would be interested to know what they define as securely locked, do they specify what locks should be used?

Paul_L

Über Member
M&S have the best contents insurance policy. Individual items (including bikes) upto £4000.

I'm not sure what is covered away from home, but that said when my bikes are away from the home, they're always under my arse so never left unattended.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
but that said when my bikes are away from the home, they're always under my arse so never left unattended.

But the point of the OP was that he was mugged........punched in the face.....then the bike stolen & the insurance wouldn't pay up.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I am surprised that everyone has not got away from home insurance.

The biggest chance of getting your bike stolen is when you are out riding and you park it up to go and do something.

Steve

Top Bottom