Cycle of Good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
On the face of it seems like a good cause but I wonder if someone has verified their work.
The African cloth they talk about is not produced in Africa, it comes from Holland. Chitenge is not the local name for it as they say but a type of garment. Just makes me a bit suspicious.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I was a bit suspicious. But this is what Carradice had to say.

We haven’t actually made bags for them but our company director, David Chadwick has been involved in their work. He travelled to Malawi and was instrumental in setting up the sewing machines and training the people to make the bags themselves. If you open this link and scroll down to the picture which is headed “Meet the Team” David is in the middle of the back row wearing a dark V necked T shirt. https://www.cycleofgood.com/about/

This is a genuine project and well worthy of any support you can give.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cycleops will confirm that no self-respecting African wants to be seen wearing bush clothing or using ropey, locally-made stuff. This is why imported second-hand clothing and fake designer gear is so much more popular. Locally made stuff sells to tourists and the competitively virtuous.

Many have failed to appreciate that Africans have pride. This is why, for example, the wooden Africar failed.

Top Bottom