Cycle route 20 , Crawley to Brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm trying to find the cycle route from London to Brighton as I hit part of it the other day . I have found cycle route 20 here http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/Crawley_to_Brighton-Cycle-Route-2349.html and from searching online I understand that route 21 goes from Crawley to London but I cant seem to find the whole London to Brighton route anywhere .
Anyone know where the info is hiding please ?
Sorry , should have added from South / West London

jefmcg

Guru
If i's any use to you, this was my first london/brighton (avoiding ditchling), following 20 (with a couple of wrong turns)

http://app.strava.com/activities/12097668

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I've done Brighton to Crawley on two occasions but never found a good route from Crawley. Last time I simply TT'd the main road past Gatwick to Reigate. From there the A217 to Morden and the A24 to Central London. Not pretty, but fast.
The FNRttC last used a route than incorporated Pebblecombe hill, and some nice back-roads, however Pebblecombe is fine coming down, but up ....:eek:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Much nicer ways, using country lanes, to get to Brighton from London, esp SW London, than using the tedious NCN20 south of Crawley which will see you riding alongside a dual carriageway (complete with Vroooooom noises and lorry wakes) for miles on end. Who wants to volunteer to ride through Crawley* for fun? NCN20's redeeming feature is it gets you over the Downs without a major climb. But what's wrong with climbing?

(*Born there, love the place, but the cycling capital of West Sussex it ain't - actually it probably is which makes me want to weep....)

gis a shout if you want a west of the A23/NCN20 route. (or even an east of, or shout out to a FNRttC-er for a gps track you can tweak to avoid ditchling beacon)

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Considering my route there was on the A24 a lot of the way I found riding alongside the A23 rather nice :laugh: To be honest any route from the Twickenham area via back roads would be great . The more direct would be better as I was thinking there and back in a day .

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Considering my route there was on the A24 a lot of the way I found riding alongside the A23 rather nice :laugh: To be honest any route from the Twickenham area via back roads would be great . The more direct would be better as I was thinking there and back in a day .

You are more then welcome to join us...HERE

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
@ianrauk's route is top south of Crawley.

I'd go Twickenham, Thames Ditton, Oxshott, Leatherhead, Mickleham, Dorking, Newdigate, Rusper, Faygate, Colgate, Pease Pottage, and pick up Ian's route.

Or Rusper, straight through Horsham, Hammerpond Road, Slaugham Staplefield and Ian's route.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Thanks for the options and invite :thumbsup:
What im trying to do is work out a regular route for myself as its a nice ride for a sunny sunday . I guess I really need to work out my own way from here to Crawley and then pick up Ians route as suggested .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Thanks for the options and invite :thumbsup:
What im trying to do is work out a regular route for myself as its a nice ride for a sunny sunday . I guess I really need to work out my own way from here to Crawley and then pick up Ians route as suggested .
Is there something in Crawley you find that attractive? ;)

Top Bottom