Cycle security - outside storage at home

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Up and over's need additional security, like ours. Bit of a PITA to open, but no-one has got in !
I'd have one at a push - have looked at various ground anchor solutions that lock the door in place.

A friend of mine made his own garage doors out of 5mm steel square steel

Good job! Visited a friend over the weekend for tips, his door is wooden but it's reinforced with steel and so far so good.

In the UK, I think that most insurance companies would like this.
Haha! I'm hoping my insurance isn't too badly affected by this.

Mike_P

Guru
I have an Asgard twin, its sat on an existing paved area so the lack of a base was not an issue but condensation is do it also has a dehumidifier in it. I did think of relocating it and putting an Asgard Sentry in its place but they only sell that with door hinged to the right side. One bike is housed in a timber shed which was the subject of an attempted robbery but I put a D lock on it which was sufficient deterrent.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
I have an Asgard twin, its sat on an existing paved area so the lack of a base was not an issue but condensation is do it also has a dehumidifier in it. I did think of relocating it and putting an Asgard Sentry in its place but they only sell that with door hinged to the right side. One bike is housed in a timber shed which was the subject of an attempted robbery but I put a D lock on it which was sufficient deterrent.
I'm a little against timber as before the reinforced door they have now my friend showed me his security video of 2 scrotes slowing dismantling his previous door. They were eventually disturbed and fled but it was worrying.

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
Currently have a brick coal shed I use with mortise and padlocks, I'm fortunate enough that the rear of my house is extremely secure and is in a very low crime street.
Prior to this was in a very high crime area with just a yard and used an Asguard with camera pointing towards it. Couple of attempts by scroats to break into it proved non successful and always recommend them to people for this reason.
Gave it to a friend a few years back who uses it in his garden on a concrete base with some scaffold rings similar to these set into it to run a chain through.

Hes never had any issues.

OP
OP
wiggydiggy

wiggydiggy

Guru
Currently have a brick coal shed I use with mortise and padlocks, I'm fortunate enough that the rear of my house is extremely secure and is in a very low crime street.
Prior to this was in a very high crime area with just a yard and used an Asguard with camera pointing towards it. Couple of attempts by scroats to break into it proved non successful and always recommend them to people for this reason.
Gave it to a friend a few years back who uses it in his garden on a concrete base with some scaffold rings similar to these set into it to run a chain through.
[PIC]
Hes never had any issues.
If the base is as I want it to be then setting something like that is my aim, good idea:okay:

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
I use a bad tempered terrier to keep my bikes safe, she hasn't let me down yet.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
15% discount if you are a blue light card holder :okay:
My bikes are kept in the garage & until recently secured with ground/wall anchors. Despite having a pretty secure roller door, the roof was a weak point, so now have an Asgard shed in the garage for 4 bikes. It's a quality bit of kit for bike storage 👍 I paid full price the end of last year, but now have a blue light card :blush:

Top Bottom