Cycle shoes for wide feet - recommendations please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I meant Shimano wide as mentioned in the post I quoted.
Sigma isn’t really random, it’s a large well established high end bike shop with a slick mail order operation and a wide (pun intended) choice of higher end brands, with good availability and competitive pricing
As both Lake and Shimano are mentioned in the post you quoted I hope you see the reason for my confusion. :smile:

OP
OP
newts

newts

Veteran
A quick update, I ordered both cx176 & mx176 from Sigma. The spd mx176 were a slightly looser around the toes & I'd been erring towards spd again. Return of the unwanted pair was very easy & refund quick, well done Sigma. Sadly no local lbs stocks lake in very wide. Covid recovery has been slow & rides relatively short but I'm pleased to say they are very comfortable & foot pain gone.

saltdogcycling

With Lake Cycling Shoes they use different Lasts for different shaped feet The CX176's are made on Lake's Sports Last, these are Wide but not as wide as the CX238's (Lake's Competition Last) Lake's CX241's are designed for foot issues like bunions etc which wrap around the issue and the Lake CX201 is designed for Flat Wide Feet. There is a Tool on Salt Dog Cycling's website which shows a technique to measure your feet accurately for cycling shoes and tells you which model will fit best to your dimensions https://lakeshoefit.saltdogcycling.com/

Have any of you ever watched any of the youtube videos that say that doing +1 and +2 when you buy cycling shoes is the worst possible idea ever?

If you've got wide fit, buy wide shoes. Don't size up. Creates more problems than it solves.

Top Bottom