Cycle Show Ally Pally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I've just been wandering the Internet for cycle related articles and noticed the annual cycle show is in a couple of weeks. Anyone from the hallowed CC crowd going? I went to one at Excel a fair while ago now and remember it just seemed full of bling and razzmatazz and little to do with daily cycling.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep, I’ll be going with a friend on Sunday, couple of free tickets, followed by supper with another friend who lives locally. Cycled there last year but will be going on public transport this year (assuming I can walk better than currently :rolleyes: )
It‘s not only blingy stuff, but fair to say it’s not really aimed at utility cyclist. There‘ll be lots of e-bikes I assume as last year.
I certainly wouldn’t pay to go in but it’s an enjoyable couple of hours if free. Ultimately it’s a trade show

Last edited:

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
It’s unlikely that there’ll be any shoes to try on at the show in any size
(assume you’re talking about cycling shoes as you mention feet and trying on :scratch: )

????

So whats going to be there? Just bikes? I'd assumed it would be a chance to show off properly the full range of merchandise and make money back flogging it?

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I went one show years back at the NEC, and another at the Excel. Alexandra Palace is only a 20 minute bike ride for me, so I might give it a go.
In reality it is a trade show with lots of shining, expensive stuff, so not for the ordinary everyday cyclist.

mustang1

Guru
I've been to a couple of cycle shows and they all seem to be.... idk how to put this, I find it difficult to get excited about anything. New stuff might be:
Last year's battery size was 625Wh, this years it's 730. Awesome. So the bike is even heavier.
Last year was 12 speed gears, now we have 13. Wow, what a breakthrough.
Last year was 160mm disk rotors, now it's 165. Coz the bikes are heavier.
Last year it was 12r carbon, now it's 14r. Oh wow, look at me.

I won't visit but I might ride up to AP since I haven't been there for a while. £7 is not bad as ticket prices go but it's still a meh from me.

Edit: it looks like I got the ticket price incorrect and that £7 was for kids tickets.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Guru
It’s unlikely that there’ll be any shoes to try on at the show in any size
(assume you’re talking about cycling shoes as you mention feet and trying on :scratch: )

I bought my quoc phams based on seeing and trying them on at a similar cycle show, think it was in Earls court.

I went (with free tickets) to the Birmingham one last year. There is quite a lot of non bike bike stuff on show usually.

I don't think these things are worth paying for, but there are generally plenty of free ticket distribution channels, but not bad for an hour or two of browsing and the guest speaker talks are usually quite interesting.

vickster

Legendary Member
????

So whats going to be there? Just bikes? I'd assumed it would be a chance to show off properly the full range of merchandise and make money back flogging it?

Here’s the exhibitor list, I don’t recall shoes being sold, yes a few jerseys, sunglasses, maybe a helmet, drinks bottles, locks. Ortlieb were there but only to see their latest wares not to buy

https://www.cycleshow.co.uk/exhibitor-list/

Ok, DMT shoes are exhibiting so you may get lucky.

Otherwise, do a click and collect on a bunch of pairs at Sigma, try them on and just leave any that are no good straightaway :thumbsup: You pay in
store when collecting, not in advance

Loads in a 47
https://www.sigmasports.com/clothing/shoes?size_combinations[]=uk 13/eur 47&size_combinations[]=uk 5/eur 39&sort=bestseller&p=1

(Although being cycling shoes you may want to size up so you can order 48s too :smile: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom