cycle show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Went up yesterday. Was quite interesting. Went up with "Fairweather" as he wants to get a TT bike and he wanted to see as many as he could in one place. But as YF has written there's only so many permutations of two/three wheels and we were out by 4 and on our way back to S.Wales.

Having said that, the "Continental" ladies were easy on the eye, the asian lady on the "Shogun" stand in the hot pants was very appealing and the spanish lady on the "Alwaysriding" stand with the sexy accent was very understanding of our questions! ;)

Oh yes the two accidents we saw the aftermath of on the M4 on the way home were quite hilarious.

Domestique

Über Member
We went on Saturday, 3rd year in a row and I am finding myself agreeing with Yellofang's comment.
After the bling is gone there are only so many puncture repair kits and michelin man key rings I can use ;)
'Stand of the show' for me was the Charge stand ;)

shooter560

How much better would the show have been if you could have bought gear, rather than look and then have to go home and hunt for someone to sell it to you, I really think having it as a display show rather than display and sell is a wasted opportunity, for them and me.

Had to laugh at the major cock up on the Trek stand where they didn't think taking road bikes would be missed, I mean the Olympics have not long finished for a start, they are also bragging about Lance coming back and then don't have anything other than mountain bikes (nothing wrong with them but many were there for racers etc)

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It was okay....we had fun but I secretly preferred the York rally. I did get to shake hands with (and beam at) David Miller who is officially a hottie...so that was very exciting.

I also managed to fall off a road bike in the cycle testing zone in front of everyone.

Top Bottom