cycle show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

need2

Is anyone going to the cycle show @ Earls Court 10 - 12 October..

I am thinking of travelling up from Wales taking my son up to see whats new etc,,Wondering if anyone on here was going ?

Stupid question to ask on this forum I suppose :smile:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
I'd like to go, but it depends on the vagaries of the railway fare tariffs. When I checked last year, they wanted (pause for hysterical laughter) over a hundred greenbacks for a day return from the outback of Lincolnshire!!!!! I might look like a mug, but I don't act like one.

dodgy

When conventions that I'm interested in start to be held anywhere other than London, I might take an interest. It's just too expensive using any of the available travel options (in time and money). I have high hopes for the Echo Arena to host something interesting, we can live and hope :smile:

Dave.

Tynan

Veteran
train travel is usually ludicrously cheap as long as you buy early and buy two singles

like £12 each way

thereafter it goes skywards rapidly

gavintc

Guru
+1, Been a couple times in recent years and was underwhelmed on each occasion. I was in London on business the last time, so do not need to pay for the travel.

dodgy

Cheapest I can get it by train is £88, and that's using the so called trick of booking 2 singles. link removed as it's not static.

Dave.

wafflycat

Family Wafflycat have always enjoyed the day when we've gone. Certainly when it moved to ExCeL, it's better as it's bigger. The move to Earl's Court in London itself actually made it less convenient for us to get to. Having two men in the family who will *ooooh!* and *aaaahh!* over most of the bikes & components on show, there's no problem in spending the day there (last time we went I timed them at 45 mins to do just three stands...). The down side for me, is not being able to buy something if I like it. Yes, there's a Rapha stand (but their clothes line for we girlies is a bit dire) you can buy stuff at, and you can order a bike, but there's not the range of accessories to buy, such as lighting, lids, pedals.. bits and bobs, that would have made it even more interesting (if, potentially, a lot more expensive). One can stoke & dribble over the latest carbon bling only so many times.

gavintc

Guru
Gerry Attrick said:
I'd like to go, but it depends on the vagaries of the railway fare tariffs. When I checked last year, they wanted (pause for hysterical laughter) over a hundred greenbacks for a day return from the outback of Lincolnshire!!!!! I might look like a mug, but I don't act like one.

Using Trainline, and presuming a departure from Lincoln on 10 Oct, 2 singles would cost £27.75

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Not quite as good as years past I think. Perhaps I getting a bit jaded. There's only so many configurations of two wheels after all.

Top Bottom