Cycle storage ideas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I seem to remember a while a go there where some very smart ideas for bike storage indoors but i cant find the thread . The one that sticks in my mind was a floating shelf but i cant remember any more details so i can make one . Any ideas out there ?

One floating shelf.....

11.jpg

Onthedrops

Veteran
Following this thread with interest.
Think the same very time I go into my garage and see my bikes leant against one another.

Carefully placed mind.

jim55

Guru
image.jpeg
This kinda thing

Venod

Eh up
I had some of these left over from a kitchen mod, they are easily bendable to shape, just require a 8mm rawplug to anchor them, I have three bikes supported by one each the front wheel hooks behind the u bend a piece of rubber tubing over the steel protects the rim, the rear wheeljust rests against the wall.

ae235.jpg

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
How the heck do you folks manage to drill supporting holes for bike racks in their walls without the whole wall crumbling to bits?
Especially @jim55, I've never lived in a flat in Glasgow that didn't need anchor fittings for a simple mirror lol
I have my (yet unused) road bike on a wall similar to the third picture in @MontyVeda's post, but had to CT1 a large piece of wood to the wall first, if it ever has to come off the wall will come down with it!
No way my heavy hybrid workhorses could hang on any wall, unless hung from ceiling rafters.

Top Bottom