CycleChat End-to-End Relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

User76 said:
I've checked, there is no record for a Naked Cycle Relay.

you are so on your own there maggot unless I can fit a chainguard:biggrin:

aJohnson said:
Wouldn't the easiest way to map it would be to note down everybodies town who wants to be in it, and connect the dots?

look, i don't want to make an issue of this, but yes! :laugh:

some people might be happy to travel miles out of their way to join this but others just want to take part. it depends on how this event is going to be viewed. my personal view is that this should be a social event with as many CC'rs taking apart as possible so it can be a big community spirited achievement.

i fear that some people here are obsessed with setting a record, rolling changes, etc. and i think there should be a different event for those who are interested purely in how fast to get the baton from A-B.

the rest of us just want to be part of something fun and i think plotting people's positions on the map and joining them up is a great idea. the route might meander slightly but it doesn't matter unless you're one of the 'must set record' group in which case perhaps you should think about doing a separate ride?

PaulB

Legendary Member
Well I'm still very keen. I have transport and can take over from Longers or go up even further and do a north Lancs/South Cumbria section. I'm not one for organising stuff when others are involved and am happy to be told where to be and when and I'll be there.

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
aJohnson said:
Wouldn't the easiest way to map it would be to note down everybodies town who wants to be in it, and connect the dots?
That was the premise of the jersey relay albeit slower.....nothing seems to have happened on that front in a while either!

bennytheegg

wow!! that took me aaaaages to read! great idea ladies and gents. I'm an absolute newbie, but would be up for picking up the baton at Gloucester and heading north (maybe to tewkesbury) if you need somebody to do that stint? (currently living in Brighton, but my folks live in glos so i can fit in a little visit at the same time)

Can I just add: If people are only doing 10-20 mile stints, I really don't see the need for a support vehicle of any kind. The person doing a certain leg just needs the mobile numbers of the riders on the stages before and after. And then if something goes wrong, we can all just blame peanut for pulling out, right?? :biggrin:;);):evil::evil::biggrin:

keep up the good work :laugh:

p.s that bikehike.co.uk is bloody brilliant peanut! I'm planning my cycle from brighton to munich via luxembourg city, (see my thread) and the gradient/ m above sea level feature is exactly what I was looking for.

p.p.s I'll be up for planning some routes if wigsie/garz/jakesdad/anybody tells me what routes need it.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Perhaps it would be better to use a flaming [Olympic] torch to save on batteries? ...or just arrange overnight stops and continue in daylight?

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I'm in, I live in South Hampshire (Fareham).

Perhaps we could do this with private sponsorship (i.e. £1 here and there from aunties, uncles, friends, etc) and a charity in mind?

jimboalee

We could set up a Land's End to John O'Groats record for riding the distance on NEW BIKES that cost less than £100.

Then we can advertise the event as

"You don't have to spend a fortune to be a cyclist".

bennytheegg

User76 said:
I think overnight stops are a big no-no. We have to keep it going:evil:

Yep. Sleeping is for lightweights. I'm up for doing an overnight ride.

By the way, is there anybody here from Worcester-ish area?

bennytheegg

I was just checking that there were other shire folk on here otherwise it could make the whole thing a tad difficult :smile:

The route seems to go through Worcester after Gloucester (I've said I could combine a trip to the rents in Gloucester with the CC LeJog) Perhaps one of you could meet me half way between Gloucester - Worcester, and then the other could do the next leg?

Top Bottom