Votes: 4 7.0%
  • South Park

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Ren and Stimpy

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • American Dad (AKA the Drago Show)

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ulysses 31 was amazing.
However anyone voting for anything other than Akira from the list above is a philistine.
Although I do agree with @winjim that you're comparing All Quiet on the Western Front with Captain America.

Reactions: C R

lane

Veteran
No contest, King of the Hill.

"Global warming is great, we will be able to grow bananas in Alaska"
"Yes but we live in Texas, and if it gets one degree warmer I am going to kick your arse"

Disclaimer - haven't seen it for a while so may have misremembered

Is it still on?

Maude Flanders dies??? (I stopped watching it a long-diddly-ong time ago)
It's a shame because when Simpsons is good nothing even comes close to it. The only way the show will be allowed to end will be when a key voice actor dies. Literally the only thing I remember about the movie was Spider-pig.

South Park held a place in my heart for a long while - some of the best moments and character development in TV. Infinitely quotable. Genuinely subversive.

I was overjoyed when Family Guy was resurrected because the first three seasons were excellent.

Beavis and Butthead is not on this list, therefore I deem the list invalid.

Edit: remove excessive negativity.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Maude Flanders dies??? (I stopped watching it a long-diddly-ong time ago)
It's a shame because when Simpsons is good nothing even comes close to it. The only way the show will be allowed to end will be when a key voice actor dies. Literally the only thing I remember about the movie was Spider-pig.

South Park held a place in my heart for a long while - some of the best moments and character development in TV. Infinitely quotable. Genuinely subversive. But it became clear after a while that the creators weren't that into it any more, and it became a place where comedy went to die.

I was overjoyed when Family Guy was resurrected because the first three seasons were excellent but the format and characters became so obnoxious after a while.

Beavis and Butthead is not on this list, therefore I deem the list invalid.

And yes, I am a humourless curmudgeon
Just vote for Akira :okay:

Also just noticed that @Drago refers to American Dad as The Drago Show.

Curious whether it's Barry or Roger you identify with?

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
My only experience with Akira is the spectacularly terrible videogame.
The only anime I've watched and enjoyed (not counting Mysterious Cities of Gold) was Sohryuden: Legend of the Four Kings/Legend of the Dragon Kings.
I've seen it a couple of times.
I thought it was an astonishingly good film and the quality of the animation and artwork is breathtaking. I will admit, just between us of course, that the last time I saw it may have involved some passing from the left hand side, which may have heightened the experience :whistle:
By the way, get on to Ghibli for some cracking anime, but I'd still recommend Akira, even if my memory is slightly blurred.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I've seen it a couple of times.
I thought it was an astonishingly good film and the quality of the animation and artwork is breathtaking. I will admit, just between us of course, that the last time I saw it may have involved some passing from the left hand side, which may have heightened the experience :whistle:
By the way, get on to Ghibli for some cracking anime, but I'd still recommend Akira, even if my memory is slightly blurred.
Watch Akira just to understand the effect it's had on popular culture. It is good. But while we're on the subject...

450?cb=20170417100114&path-prefix=pl.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Also gonna say, the recent Scarlett Johansson live action remake of GITS wasn't great but some of the action scenes were shot-for-shot remakes of the anime which was pretty badass.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Disclaimer - haven't seen it for a while so may have misremembered

Is it still on?
Correct except it’s ‘ass’ rather than ‘arse’.

I don’t think so but I’ve got the boxed sets so I just play them every so often.
Brilliant series. I’ve always loved the episode when Hank goes to Japan and finds out his father (Cotton, who had his shins shot off during the war) had a child with a local woman and the son looks like a Japanese version of Hank.

View: https://youtu.be/0TniF7GZi7o

Top Bottom