• Salt and vinegar

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Cheese and onion

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Hedgehog (remember them?)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Steak

• Ready salted, the best by a mile (a teensy bit of favouritism there)

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Beef and onion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marmite.

• Roast chicken

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Prawn cocktail. I mean who or why?

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Barbecue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eziemnaik

Über Member
Euu919wVkAAapsI.jpeg

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Out of interest, are most of their workers 23 stone +, or are they all fedup with being around crisps all day and are now all bronzed adonises?
Good question! I worked in a French bakery once, making croissants, pains au chocolate, that kind of thing. We could take home whatever we wanted pretty much, most workers didn't bother which I found remarkable at first. But it only took about a month of working there (and taking many, many bags of pastries home) for me to then not want to eat another croissant for several years. I think you can have too much of a good thing.
I really don't know if I'd get sick of crisps in the same way.

classic33

Leg End Member
Good question! I worked in a French bakery once, making croissants, pains au chocolate, that kind of thing. We could take home whatever we wanted pretty much, most workers didn't bother which I found remarkable at first. But it only took about a month of working there (and taking many, many bags of pastries home) for me to then not want to eat another croissant for several years. I think you can have too much of a good thing.
Macks had a similar policy.
You could eat as much/many as you wanted on the shop floor, as long as you didn't slow production.

The eating as much as you wanted didn't last more than a month. Nestlé stopped this when they took the factory over.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Macks had a similar policy.
You could eat as much/many as you wanted on the shop floor, as long as you didn't slow production.

The eating as much as you wanted didn't last more than a month. Nestlé stopped this when they took the factory over.
Daughter #1 worked at Mickey D's while she was at college. She'd take her meal allowance across the road to Dominoes and the staff there would swap it for a pizza.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Often date a drystone wall rebuild - when say it was last gapped up - by what crisp packets I find. Waller had his snap, put the rubbish in with the fill, moved on. There’s a website somewhere to help date the findings.
On a more serious note, I found this: RECYCLING

stephec

Legendary Member
That's similar to my first visit to Cadbury's at Bournville.

Being a chocoholic the smell was lovely when I first went into the production area, but when I commented on it I was told that after a few months you don't notice it.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yep......I worked at Cadburys in late 60s. Could eat as much/many as you wanted. I very rarely eat sweet stuff now :rolleyes:

Top Bottom