CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dave7. Correct but there are time limits. Three hours gap I think. I always read the leaflets but most medics say ignore them just do what I say. I prefer to be on the cautious side. My late wife had Parkinson’s plus other complications and was on 14 different medications per day at one point. I knew more about side effects and conflicts than most doctors whose ignorance of possible complications appalled me sometimes. Life was a logistical nightmare in those days.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Coincidentally, Mrs D is on 14 different daily tablets, and a daily injection, with 2 injections on a sunday.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Researchers have asked for £70 billion to fund a 6 month study of gluttony. Rivals have said there's a fat chance they'll get the money, and they are just being greedy. We rang the researchers for comment but just got an answerphone playing "It's a sin"

classic33

Leg End Member
I can't say I ever enjoy McDonalds when I did eat them.

I would point the picture out to the person behind the counter and say "I want one of those"

They would hand it to me, I would open it and once again pointing to the picture I would say "NO - one of THOSE !!!!"
" Whammy Burger"?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Kebabs are my weakness, not the dodgy donner but Shish, Sheftale, Kiofte, Chicken or the Loukanika/Pastourma sausages.

I have always said my local kebab shop does the best kebabs in the country .
I did alot of traveling with a band when i was younger and have eaten a lot of kebabs . They where all vile apart from my local one . I've only just realised that every other kebab i ate was when sober and my local one gets eaten when i am slaughtered and cant function to cook :laugh:

There's a Kebab shop near to where I used to live where they cook over real Charcoal in the shop (not one of those iffy gas things) not only that but the salad is always superb, crisp and freshly made.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Lidl do something called Oaties; the chocolate-coated ones are (to me) indistinguishable from Hobnobs, but cost half as much.

This has been a Public Service Announcement (though I fear it may induce people to buy twice as many rather than saving 50% on their existing habit).
I've only seen the plain Oaties, not the chocolate topped ones in my local Lidl so a proper investigation wil have to be done, especially as I've just finished off a pack of the (rather poor) substitute of dark chocolate topped digestives.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Biscuits in every manifestation, can’t have them in the house, I have eaten a large pack of chocolate hobnobs with one cup of tea. And don’t get me started on McVities Clubs, a few weeks ago when I was donating platelets I ate ten in 73 minutes.
God yes. My similar weakness if cream cakes; I frequently test my resolve by exploring that aisle of the supermarkets, and sometimes (just occasionally) I actually emerge empty-handed. What amazing willpower!

And there's a general sweet-toothed weakness too. If there are biccies/chocs/sweets in the house, my willpower evaporates. I just can't stop myself going back, time and time again.
Occasionally the kids have a box of Frosties. OMG, if I'm working from home they make a good 2nd breakfast. And elevensies. Afternoon snack. etc.

My lack of willpower is pathetic.

Kebabs eh.......used to indulge as a lad after closing time, with a belly full of beer, and having to pass a van on the walk home, waking up with grease all round my chops and thinking what the hell have I eaten - happy days. I am partial to them over here, they do proper chicken ones, none of the processed lamb garbage. I went off lamb some time in my mid twenties, even the smell now makes me feel ill. When I'm back there and I see a kebab van parked up, I make sure I cross the road to avoid any unpleasantness. Over here delicious street food is all part of the culture - spoilt for choice really. Alas, the UK authorities would never allow such a thing, shame really.....

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
Oh my we do eat differently here. My faves:
Green Chile with lean pork (like a stew) good on eggs and filling sopapillas ( large greasy pastry bubbles as big as your heart which will soon die.)
My wife's 3 inch thick apple pie with tart crisp apples and oh so light pastry
12 oz steaks, nicely aged and marbled served with baked potatoes stuffed with butter and extra sharp cheddar
5 or six scrambled eggs with green Chile, (natch) blueberry flapjacks and spicy link sausages.
Thin crust margarita pizza with spicy peperoni and Caesar Salad
Gyozas and tempura and crispy fried squid tentacles
I don't eat fast food except double dipped Dairy Queen cones and 5 Guys Hamburgers with lettuce, tomatoes pickles, sauteed mushrooms and 2 six ounce patties. My wife, sons and their wives are all excellent cooks and apparently can't eat or cook without texting pictures of each gustatory delight. Seeking out, growing, buying and preparing great food is a major concern for them, and I, poor fellow, have to eat it all.

Top Bottom