CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I take Omeprazole, been on it for years due to the NSAID's i have to take.
Before i was prescribed it, i used antacid tablets like Rennies constantly and always had to have a pack of them with me.
Me also although mine 'go to' was gaviscon.

C R

Guru
I eat them and Burger King. I particularly like the limited edition burgers they do, plus they are usually XL as well.
The Canadian Stack burgers they were doing last summer were well tasty.
I was being facetious. I like the limited editions too, though I prefer the burger king stuff. I'm not mad about either, but it will do. What I don't like is the feel of the place, specially after dark, find them rather depressing.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Yup, its great to be free of it isn't it !
Although we'll probably find out one day that this Omeprazole gives you something else dodgy.
A friend of mine was on it for a long time then read that you should only be on it for short periods.
He asked his doctor who basically said "oh, is that right? In that case stop taking them":wacko:
Personally, if it stops the acid and I never have to have another camera down my throat, I will risk it.

Smudge

Veteran
I was being facetious. I like the limited editions too, though I prefer the burger king stuff. I'm not mad about either, but it will do. What I don't like is the feel of the place, specially after dark, find them rather depressing.

Cant say i've ever been in them after dark. They aren't places i want to stay in long anyway, just scarf me junk food down & go.

Reactions: C R
Long long ago when I was doing shiftwork, I used to eat burgers like they were going out of fashion. I think it was around the mid nineties I saw a documentary about fast food, and the gist of it was that all they did pretty much was wipe the cow's a**e then into the mincer. Haven't eaten a burger since. I do occasionally have a McD or KFC icecream, but my favourite is Dairy Queen - double cone with choccy coating ............. Mmmmmm

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Dave 7. I am on Lanzoprasole and Ranitidine currently and Peptac if required tho’ like some others I always have a few Gaviscon or Rennies with me. Diagnosis can sometimes be a problem in that what I and some doctors assumed was gastric reflux turned out to be a rogue gallstone. Not nice and about 9 out of 10 on the pain scale. Since this is a relatively recent upsurge I am still experimenting with diet and it seems that all the nice things to eat are not advised.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
The dish that I could have lived on, forever (well, until the congestion in my arteries killed me at least) was chips, curry and rice from the Lobster Pot opposite Central Station in Liverpool.

Big tray, half filled with lovely chips, half filled with plain boiled rice, with lashings of thick, glutinous, fluorescent mustard-coloured curry sauce over the top. Douse in salt and vinegar to taste, leave tray open and consume with plastic forks, on the hoof.

Utterly, utterly fabulous. Or, at least, it was... A few years back, before one of my (sadly infrequent) returns to Liverpool, my daughter warned me that the place had gone downhill. It looked just the way I remembered, when I got there... But she was right. Something imperceptible had changed. It just was not the same.

Now, when I go, The Famous Blue Star provides my chips, curry and rice needs.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I go to Costco and eat the free mince pies at the sample table. I dont buy then, just eat the freebies.

If you time it right, you can practically have a meal for free, taken in bite sized chunks. Usually when I go it's something rubbish like weird cheese or alcohol though. You can't beat the pizza in the Costco cafe though.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Dave 7. I am on Lanzoprasole and Ranitidine currently and Peptac if required tho’ like some others I always have a few Gaviscon or Rennies with me. Diagnosis can sometimes be a problem in that what I and some doctors assumed was gastric reflux turned out to be a rogue gallstone. Not nice and about 9 out of 10 on the pain scale. Since this is a relatively recent upsurge I am still experimenting with diet and it seems that all the nice things to eat are not advised.
Pretty sure Omeprazole says not to take gaviscon/rennies while taking them.
If I behave food and drinkwise I can get by with one 10 mg every other day. At present I am on one per day :sad:

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you time it right, you can practically have a meal for free, taken in bite sized chunks. Usually when I go it's something rubbish like weird cheese or alcohol though. You can't beat the pizza in the Costco cafe though.
Have you ever noticed the size of many of people eating in the Costco cafe. Lots of them appear to have serious dietry problems.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The pictures behind the counter were a brilliant marketing ploy.

McDonald's first branches in the West End of London were frequented by tourists of various nationalities.

The marketers correctly worked out being able to point to a picture would save a lot of stress for someone who didn't speak the native language.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Have you ever noticed the size of many of people eating in the Costco cafe. Lots of them appear to have serious dietry problems.

I have. I'm 2st overweight and I'm one of the thinnest in there usually. I really want to try the gelato they sell but the scoops are huge and I can't bring myself to scoff that many calories in one sitting. My daughter usually shares a slice of pizza with me as we find a whole slice each too much.

Top Bottom