CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
When ever i go to B&Q there is a burger van there, they make the best burgers in North London, I cannot not buy one when i visit.🍔^_^
Similarly when I get a ticket for Old Trafford. Having a wife and offspring who are vegetarian, the burger van is an indulgence.

Mints I do have to try to stay away from, otherwise I eat them one after another until the tubes are finished, I feel sick or I have temporarily wrecked my taste buds.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
BTW - Iceland are selling 1kg boxes of Scottish shortbread for £3

I got a box - another of my Xmas weaknesses
Ok, you need to open them & report back with a yumminess rating. Do it now - you know you want to...

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Ok, you need to open them & report back with a yumminess rating. Do it now - you know you want to...

If I opened them before Xmas, Mrs V would ensure that not only my stocking would be hanging from the fireplace by a rusty nail

However - I think they are called Pattersons

Morrisons are charging £3 for a box half the size :eek:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Should have left of McDonald's.as you say it ain't real food.
Clearly a solicitor in our midst.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Cakes and chocolate are my downfall. I read a book recently about the US food industry and about weight loss. In the '60/70's they discovered what is termed 'hyperpalatability' - I guess you could call it scrumminess. They realised salt, fat, and sugar were very 'moreish' and by layering these elements they could create foods that people craved.

The result of this (and also cheaper automated manufacturing processes) is that a donut isn't just a donut anymore, it is a creme filled, candy covered, chocolate dipped donut. The kind of cake you would only get at a posh wedding reception during my childhood is now £1.50 In Asda.

I don't even like mince pies but I will be eating some Costco ones over Christmas because they are delicious. And probably getting a tray of pastries while I'm there. The Costco scones are also a favourite.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I like all of the things listed. Unfortunately due to gastric reflux cannot eat most of them. Still experimenting but failures are painful. Last try was venison burgers but not an experience to repeat. Strangely yoghurt is ok and fortunately I like it.

Top Bottom