CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I have always said my local kebab shop does the best kebabs in the country .
I did alot of traveling with a band when i was younger and have eaten a lot of kebabs . They where all vile apart from my local one . I've only just realised that every other kebab i ate was when sober and my local one gets eaten when i am slaughtered and cant function to cook :laugh:

Marzipan ! I could eat a whole bar .

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Crisp sandwiches. I hadn’t had one for years but I was at work on Saturday and needed a snack. Some strange impulse made me buy a bag of cheese and onion from the vending machine, some cheap and nasty white bread and butter from the canteen, add a thin spread of Marmite and then the crisps. Heaven.

It’s only Monday evening and I’ve done it four more times since. Somebody take me to rehab, please.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My favourite treat (only once a week mind as one must think of the high cholesterol content of egg yolks) is 2 medium boiled eggs and wholemeal bread soldiers.:angel: Yesterday i experimented and ate only slob food. No grains,fruit or veg' whatsoever,just slob food like pizza and these jacket spuds filled with cheese:unsure:. Whether it was in my mind i don't know,but i felt unhealthy after my experiment.:unsure:

Last edited:

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Biscuits - specifically Dark Chocolate Hobnobs (human catnip to me) or custard creams (Morrisons preferrably)

There's also one guilty pleasure not on the list - Greggs' warm sausage rolls.
Lidl do something called Oaties; the chocolate-coated ones are (to me) indistinguishable from Hobnobs, but cost half as much.

This has been a Public Service Announcement (though I fear it may induce people to buy twice as many rather than saving 50% on their existing habit).

C R

Guru
I see that no-one has chosen mcdonalds. Bunch of liars you all are, :whistle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
I like all of the things listed. Unfortunately due to gastric reflux cannot eat most of them. Still experimenting but failures are painful. Last try was venison burgers but not an experience to repeat. Strangely yoghurt is ok and fortunately I like it.
What do you take (medicine wise) for it. I was put on 20mg Omeprizol which was an instant fix for me. After several months I dropped to 10mg. I take one most days but find that i can make a 28 day supply last maybe 35-40 days if I watch my diet (for diet read alcohol).

Smudge

Veteran
What do you take (medicine wise) for it. I was put on 20mg Omeprizol which was an instant fix for me. After several months I dropped to 10mg. I take one most days but find that i can make a 28 day supply last maybe 35-40 days if I watch my diet (for diet read alcohol).

I take Omeprazole, been on it for years due to the NSAID's i have to take.
Before i was prescribed it, i used antacid tablets like Rennies constantly and always had to have a pack of them with me.

Smudge

Veteran
I see that no-one has chosen mcdonalds. Bunch of liars you all are, :whistle:

I eat them and Burger King. I particularly like the limited edition burgers they do, plus they are usually XL as well.
The Canadian Stack burgers they were doing last summer were well tasty.

Reactions: C R

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I can't say I ever enjoy McDonalds when I did eat them.

I would point the picture out to the person behind the counter and say "I want one of those"

They would hand it to me, I would open it and once again pointing to the picture I would say "NO - one of THOSE !!!!"

Smudge

Veteran
I can't say I ever enjoy McDonalds when I did eat them.

I would point the picture out to the person behind the counter and say "I want one of those"

They would hand it to me, I would open it and once again pointing to the picture I would say "NO - one of THOSE !!!!"

I do that, but with those 4 foot high models of ice cream cones they have outside shops.

Top Bottom