• Cliffhanger

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Tango and Cash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Escape to Victory

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I'm still not sure why he felt that running up a mountain in Russian tundra would be good training for punching a Russian man who has more than half a foot on him.
Easy one to answer.
He had read Dragos other post on Bruce Lee.....then read Bruce Lee's advice after he in turn listened to "Grasshopper".
And it worked.....cos he whupped him good^_^

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
He was practising running away from the large Russian chap.

stephec

Legendary Member
It is no contest......RAMBO
Anyone who can eat 4 raw eggs in a glass of milk at 5 in the morning before going for a 5 mile run while shouting ADRIAN, I LOVE YOU ADRIAN .....and then chase a chicken around the back alley just has to be kick arse tough ^_^
When did Rambo ever do that, I didn't know that he was a Rocky Balboa impersonator? ^_^

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I dunno, in Rocky Balboa (6) Stallone gave the performance if a lifetime, and the fight scene was something else. In Creed (7) Stollone bunged in another ace performance, amd when the character is diagnosed with cancer but refuses treatment because he felt he had nothing left to live for even I nearly blubbed.

AndyRM

XOXO
I dunno, in Rocky Balboa (6) Stallone gave the performance if a lifetime, and the fight scene was something else. In Creed (7) Stollone bunged in another ace performance, amd when the character is diagnosed with cancer but refuses treatment because he felt he had nothing left to live for even I nearly blubbed.

Agreed. Rocky V is the weakest, but even it has its moments. I struggle to think of any other series that has been so consistent over 7 films.

Features in an amusing anecdote in elton john's recommended auto)biog.
Edited version here
https://www.theguardian.com/film/sh...-an-a-list-dinner-party-almost-ended-in-tears

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I have seen a few of his films, but I really couldn't say which his best was. Cliff hanger was probably the worst I have seen.:banghead:

source.gif

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think Rambo is pretty good film and Stallone is pretty good in it. (the sequels were obviously shyte of course. Another candidate is Lords of Flatbush - Stallone in an early supporting role plays the somewhat simple / slow brother making his way as a wrestler. I was surprised to see he could actually act rather well having seen it on TV some while back. So, since neither are listed I had to vote for Judge Dredd - which I quite like and it's not nearly as bad as claimed. I'd watch it again quite happily - and I'm a huge fan of Dredd & 2000AD comic. The new Karl Urban one is better though

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have seen a few of his films, but I really couldn't say which his best was. Cliff hanger was probably the worst I have seen.:banghead:
Cliffhanger is a work of unparalleled genius. Violence, hardened criminals, insurmountable odds, lots of wisecracking, big showdown between chief hero and chief villain. John Lithgow shot straight to the top of the nastiest villain charts with that one.
There was talk of a remake but, as Total Recall showed us, action films should never be remade.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Cliffhanger is a work of unparalleled genius. Violence, hardened criminals, insurmountable odds, lots of wisecracking, big showdown between chief hero and chief villain. John Lithgow shot straight to the top of the nastiest villain charts with that one.
There was talk of a remake but, as Total Recall showed us, action films should never be remade.

I can't believe that you wrote such a lengthy analysis of the finer points of Cliffhanger, but totally neglected to mention Craig Fairbrass (also seen in EastEnders and London's Burning)!

Anyway, good to see so many passionate opinions on the work of the great man. It's just a shame most if them are obviously wrong. Everyone knows that his finest work is Demolition Man - close the thread.

:laugh:

Top Bottom