• Cliffhanger

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Tango and Cash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Escape to Victory

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Demolition Man for me. Though you haven't let me choose Escape Plan which was quite a pairing with Arnie...

I had such high hopes for escape plan. Should have been living the dream. Alas...

stephec

Legendary Member
This thread has educated me, I never knew he'd done so much good work.

I've never seen Demolition Man, Cobra, or Copland, and when I read a summary of Clifhanger when it first came out it just didn't interest me.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I have left it too late to vote, but the only two out of the list that I've seen were Escape to Victory and Judge Dredd. Sylvester Stallone took his helmet off in Judge Dredd, so it would have had to be Escape to Victory.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Damn,i've just seen this thread. Otherwise i would've voted for Cobra.

"You're a (always thought 'the' disease would've been better than 'a' disease) disease and i'm the cure"!:gun: :becool:

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
I've just now found these CI posts so sorry I did not vote. Considering Stallone created his vision of Rocky by himself, I think it was a remarkable achievement. I'm probably wrong but I understood it was an Indie film at the time. I was surprised to learn he has a 160 I Q, BTW.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I've just now found these CI posts so sorry I did not vote. Considering Stallone created his vision of Rocky by himself, I think it was a remarkable achievement. I'm probably wrong but I understood it was an Indie film at the time. I was surprised to learn he has a 160 I Q, BTW.
I seem to remember also that he wrote the script while a struggling blue collar something or other and was offered a large sum of money for it, which he turned down, insisting that he would also be the one to play the part or no deal. Sounds apocryphal, but if true, hats off to the gent.

AndyRM

XOXO
I seem to remember also that he wrote the script while a struggling blue collar something or other and was offered a large sum of money for it, which he turned down, insisting that he would also be the one to play the part or no deal. Sounds apocryphal, but if true, hats off to the gent.

Pretty accurate. Stallone was totally unknown at the time, I think the studio wanted Robert Redford or Burt Reynolds, who as good as they are would not have fit the character at all.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I went for Rocky, but it was a tough call between Cop-Land and Cliffhanger too. Although I like demolition man too.

Fsck it, he's never made a bad film :evil:
Over the top.
It’s basically Rocky but with arm wrestling instead of boxing.
And some big American trucks for good measure.
...and Cobra, and Rambo III and Rambo 2008 (I couldn't be arsed watching all the ones in between)

Top Bottom