CycleChat Investigates - Tesla

Would you but the Tesla pickup truck?

• Absolutely, it's a work of sheer genius.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I guess so, it makes other pickups looks dated.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Probably, but only because it's the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not likely, theres not much of a load bed.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Nah, looks like some dodgy 70s kit car built in a shed by Ray Charles

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Absolutely not, it was clearly styled on a fag packet in crayons

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Spy Who What now?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elon called me a p**o.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don't have a tv.

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It looks like one of the cars from Demolition Man (possibly Stallone's greatest film).
You know, what someone in the 90s thought cars would look like in the future.

Not sure how all those pointy corners would fare in the pedestrian collision tests either.
They were much more rounded;

1992-GM-Ultralite1.jpg

Peds would do better than with the Ford Corsair from the early seventies, one half would go over the top and the other half underneath;

af3_6.jpg

I've been, to use the neutral reporting style, "in collision" with more than my fair share of cars in my time, and it sucks, even with rounded bodywork.
Being hit by something with those sharp edges will *really* suck, particularly since it's designed to not crumple. Crumpling is a safety feature.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I would, Sir, contend that Cliffhanger holds that honour.
Really? Judge Dredd tops them both, and the car would fit nicely. Discussion over, I AM THE LAW!!

Now, if either of you had said Tango and Cash, or possibly Cobra, we could have discussed the point. As it stands, you are both just wrong. :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've been, to use the neutral reporting style, "in collision" with more than my fair share of cars in my time, and it sucks, even with rounded bodywork.
Being hit by something with those sharp edges will *really* suck, particularly since it's designed to not crumple. Crumpling is a safety feature.

Same here, and most have been small super mini's - blooming fiat cinquecento smashed my shoulder up, a B class my ribs, and a Toyota Aygo my spine and ribs. Fortunately, any big stuff never gets me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
it looks like something out of a low budget 80s sci-fi movie...
View attachment 494054

View attachment 494055

...and not a very good one :ohmy:
1574616012713.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I would, Sir, contend that Cliffhanger holds that honour.
Sorry to derail the thread but you have to admit Demolition Man is a classic and Wesley Snipes is brilliant as the escaped psychopath in a world where nobody is allowed to offend anyone else and police are not trained to use violence set in the distant future but strangely bears a close resemblance to the first quarter of this century.

View: https://youtu.be/Kb21_qI90pE

dodgy

At the moment, you can only put down a deposit of £100 (UK) and that counts as an 'order', I bet there will be a fair few putting a £100 to gain bragging rights.

Top Bottom