CycleChat Investigates - Tesla

Would you but the Tesla pickup truck?

• Absolutely, it's a work of sheer genius.

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • I guess so, it makes other pickups looks dated.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Probably, but only because it's the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not likely, theres not much of a load bed.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Nah, looks like some dodgy 70s kit car built in a shed by Ray Charles

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Absolutely not, it was clearly styled on a fag packet in crayons

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • The Spy Who What now?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elon called me a p**o.

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I don't have a tv.

Votes: 8 21.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Now, if either of you had said Tango and Cash, or possibly Cobra, we could have discussed the point. As it stands, you are both just wrong. :laugh:
Sounds like we have a topic for our next investigative discussion.

I wouldn’t turn my nose up at one, would even fix the window issues myself.
Though I find it hard to believe a bullet proof window would break like that,
am sure the glass will be analysed and who ever supplied it won’t have much
of a future in the bullet proof glass market.

Edit, had a look the video above, this truck looks like an Apple design,
like jobs boat, sleek lines, maybe they used the same designer.

Last edited:
An electric power utility vehicle should be able to power all manner of accessories (like a proper landrover did) ( winch, borehole drills, circular saw, water pump, hydraulics) as well as keeping std power tools recharged. The bonnet panels should be flat enough to lay out maps, geology samples and a anesthesatized lion. You should be able to power one unit from a buddy unit. The wheels should be replaceable with rubber tracks and a rear propellor pod should be optional in the amphibious version. Who cares what it looks like.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
An electric power utility vehicle should be able to power all manner of accessories (like a proper landrover did) ( winch, borehole drills, circular saw, water pump, hydraulics) as well as keeping std power tools recharged. The bonnet panels should be flat enough to lay out maps, geology samples and a anesthesatized lion. You should be able to power one unit from a buddy unit. The wheels should be replaceable with rubber tracks and a rear propellor pod should be optional in the amphibious version. Who cares what it looks like.

Don't forget about the ability to run on railway tracks too.

GuyBoden

Guru
"Tesla wrote a paper titled "New Art of Projecting Concentrated Non-Dispersive Energy Through Natural Media" providing a technical description of his charged particle beam weapon, and sent copies to allied countries including the U.S., Canada, the U.K., France, the U.S.S.R"

"Tesla's original New York Times article had led to a number of parallel claims and interest by several governments, but nothing had come of it. Britain had asked scientists to look into it, but there was no sign of any practical system. Some of those scientists began looking into methods of detecting and locating aircraft by reflected radio signals. The technology later came to be called radar."

gbb

Legendary Member
Can't really see it getting acceptance and sales based on its looks alone. The 150k orders it apparently has( I only skimmed over the details) are probably, for the greater part, from people who have so much money the cost is irrelevant and its brought purely for the collector, interest value.

CXRAndy

Guru
Can't really see it getting acceptance and sales based on its looks alone. The 150k orders it apparently has( I only skimmed over the details) are probably, for the greater part, from people who have so much money the cost is irrelevant and its brought purely for the collector, interest value.

I think pre orders are now over a million.

Id have to see one in the flesh, assess it's practical capability.

If it was functional, I would consider it. I doubt they will ever come to the UK in official supply, so would be private import. This raises the question of passing the SVA testing, I'm not familiar with the regulations regarding the angular body passing passenger impact regulations.

Top Bottom