• I don't have a tv/smartphone/internet

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • No, I'm holding out for some as yet unforseen new technology

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • No, I own Ineos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
No option to vote 'Have an Hybrid'.
We're on our second and they're getting better and better.
I think we may well end up with an electric, maybe not the next car, but the one after??

I have quite specific requirements. I need a car to get my bike in and I have an extremely strong preference for a Toyota. I buy second hand with mileage around 40 to 50k and keep the car for probably 10 years. I don't want to pay more than £8k ideally. It would have to be a hybrid to be a Toyota and the Auris tourer looks favourite.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I think type of vehicle is largely irrelevant. Switching from one power source to another is just depleting the planet's resources in a different way. For convenience at the moment, and cost, I'll be sticking with petrol.

If covid has taught us anything, it's that many of us don't need to commute to offices to work. The way we move around is perhaps the deciding factor i.e some of us don't need to at all. Of course the ones that do can tailor their choice of vehicle to their budget and needs, and i think hybrid is the way forward if nothing greener is forthcoming

I’m of a mind not to replace my car when it dies. Then just rent a vehicle when I go on a long trip. It’s just a shame trains are getting worse and buses have next to no provision for taking bikes.
Yep, bike carriage on trains needs to be vastly improved.
I quite often, in normal times, do london to preston by train with an 8 mile ride london end, 20 at the preston end. It's a joy of a trip when it works but capacity is severely limited.

lane

Veteran

Because I didn't realise that you were someone who was very easily upset. Learn something everyday I guess.

lane

Veteran
Well, a mid term report and, surprisingly, dino fuel is romping into the lead.

If you look at people who have electric, will get electric or will get rid of their car it's quite an encouraging picture.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Something tells me my current diesel powered car will be my last car. I think my next form of transport will be electric. Something like this would do me!^_^

1610829434899.png

https://glebehealthcare.co.uk/produ...range-mobility-scooter?variant=30470789595238

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
That's not actually a bad idea, why lug around 1500kg of car when you don't need to! I'd worry taking that thing on the road though, unless it did 15mph or more. And it's too big for cycle paths

Top Bottom