• I don't have a tv/smartphone/internet

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • No, I'm holding out for some as yet unforseen new technology

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • No, I own Ineos

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just spotted this in that scooter decription.
. Speed uk 8 mph | eu 15.5 mph
So i take it that if we were still in the EU we could do 15.5mph and not a poxy 8mph? Damn you Trumpster Brexiteers!!🧐

I demand another referendum!!!🧐

Last edited:

byegad

Legendary Member
I have quite specific requirements. I need a car to get my bike in and I have an extremely strong preference for a Toyota. I buy second hand with mileage around 40 to 50k and keep the car for probably 10 years. I don't want to pay more than £8k ideally. It would have to be a hybrid to be a Toyota and the Auris tourer looks favourite.
I have a 70 plate Carolla Touring and it's a hybrid, they don't do a non-hybrid version any more. It has less than 1000 miles on the clock, due to lockdowns, and is averaging 60mpg. I expect that to improve once we are 'back to normal'.
It has a cheap wheelchair in the boot area, seats in normal position and with the back seats down I expect to wheel my Kettwiesel in without trouble. It's our second Hybrid, after a Yaris Hybrid, and our 7th or 8th Toyota.

gbb

Legendary Member
Unless theres something innately bad or prohibitively expensive producing hydrogen, I believe it's the future that's been overlooked, shelved, whatever, in favour of batteries, which we do know use valuable resources in their manufacture.
I must do some homework on hydrogen....so I at least appear to know what I have an opinion about ....

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Just spotted this in that scooter decription.
. Speed uk 8 mph | eu 15.5 mph
So i take it that if we were still in the EU we could do 15.5mph and not a poxy 8mph? Damn you Trumpster Brexiteers!!🧐

I demand another referendum!!!🧐
I don’t remember the EU ever dictating our speed limits, so probably not. ^_^
Oh, hang on... wrong thread. Sorry.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think type of vehicle is largely irrelevant. Switching from one power source to another is just depleting the planet's resources in a different way. For convenience at the moment, and cost, I'll be sticking with petrol.

If covid has taught us anything, it's that many of us don't need to commute to offices to work. The way we move around is perhaps the deciding factor i.e some of us don't need to at all. Of course the ones that do can tailor their choice of vehicle to their budget and needs, and i think hybrid is the way forward if nothing greener is forthcoming

Not for long as the government is stopping production of hybrid cars in 2035. Hydrogen is the way forward for me. The production and disposal of batteries for electric cars is highly polluting but they always forget to tell us that.

lane

Veteran
I have a 70 plate Carolla Touring and it's a hybrid, they don't do a non-hybrid version any more. It has less than 1000 miles on the clock, due to lockdowns, and is averaging 60mpg. I expect that to improve once we are 'back to normal'.
It has a cheap wheelchair in the boot area, seats in normal position and with the back seats down I expect to wheel my Kettwiesel in without trouble. It's our second Hybrid, after a Yaris Hybrid, and our 7th or 8th Toyota.
[/QUOTE

I have known two people who have worked on the line at Toyota. They were both brilliant brand ambassadors for the quality of the product.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
That 'mod' mobility scooter has the option of having a basket on the front.
1610888562626.png

I wonder what the measurements are,as in are they big enough for my little friend to sit in the thing?🤔

1610888424415.png

1610888763438.png

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Unless theres something innately bad or prohibitively expensive producing hydrogen, I believe it's the future that's been overlooked, shelved, whatever, in favour of batteries, which we do know use valuable resources in their manufacture.
I must do some homework on hydrogen....so I at least appear to know what I have an opinion about ....
Its essentially free as a by product of petrochemical refining - that'll never go away as long as there are plastics and fertilisers are being made. Some pundits have been waffling on about the impracticality of using solar for large scale electrolysis to crack hydrogen from water, and appear to have forgotten that it is already made in gigantic quantities as a by product, and nearly allmof it is simpky burned off as there was not a market for it...until potentially now.

Ineos burn off oodles of the stuff as they have had no market for it, and ever with an eye on the bottom line theyve invested in several partnerships to develop a distribution network and to advance fuel cell technology. Indeed, there will be a fuel cell powered version of the Grenadier, but no electric model.

And in a way, thar makes lots of sense. Batteries don't scale up well for larger/heavier vehicles, and there is little sign of a significant advancement in commercial battery technology on the horizon.

Then there's the elephant in the room, in that baytery power ultimately doesnt solve a grear deal,and simply moves the pollution from the tailpipe to lots of other places instead.

Hydrogen suffers none of that and terralitres of the stiff is burned off each year as a by product to other indistrial processes. Hydrogen is arguably superior in many ways, but has lagged behind the development curve as few have looked at it seriously. Now that is starting to change I think that will more likely be the long term future of road transport power, definitely for large vehicles, and very likely cars too. I hope it works out that way, as ultimately it solves a lot more problems than it causes, the converse of which is true for battery power.

Last edited:
Top Bottom