CycleChat Investigates - Toast

How do you cut your toast?

• Politburo regulation rectangle halves for me

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Triangle halves for me, just like Reagan and Thatcher.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • A whole slice, because I'm a greedy git snd own two jagw.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Whole slice, brutally butchered along its natural contours.

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rikki

Legendary Member
I basically see toast as merely a vehicle for conveying more butter into my fat face.
I knew someone who in addition to having "some toast with their butter" would apply extra butter to the inside edges after each bite.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Whole slices here * well browned and allowed to coolin the toaster before butter and 'toppings' are applied.

* the one exception is Christmas Day when I do my infamous 'brunch'. This is wholemeal bread well browned and allowed to cool in the toaster (a 4 slice model by DeLonghi) this is then buttered before being cut into 4 triangles which then have a good 'dob' of Philadelphia cheese and a piece of Smoked Salmon on top with either a Caper or 2, some Dill or Black Pepper. I can normally get a 2nd batch of 4 slices toasted whilst preparing the 1st batch then place them all (artistically arranged) on a big plate before presenting them to the 'locusts' in the front room who just seem to inhale the lot in seconds.

I do love my toast but I sense that the younger generation are not into it.

They are into cereals, fruits salads, muffins, croissants, yoghurt and even bacon and eggs with no toast. Those keen on artisan bread won't bother to toast. I am not sure if Toast will go past the next generation. Not sure if they can't wait or just too messy.

Great thread to start my introduction to this site!
Cut in half and dripping with warm butter. Shoved into my gob as fast as possible and then back for more 🐽
Preferably door stopping wedges of granary bread

classic33

Leg End Member
How do you cut yours? It seems that the manner in which you prepare the nations favourite hot snack says a lot about you.

Commies, pipe smokers and cardigan wearers tend to cut theirs into 2 x Soviet style rectangles.

Freedom loving capitalists, NRA members and Smokey and the Bandit fans tend to cut theirs into 2 x traingles.

Eric Pickles, John Prescott, Mr Creosote etc eat their slice whole, probably in one bite.

So which do you favour, and why?
Why waste time cutting it?

I do love my toast but I sense that the younger generation are not into it.

They are into cereals, fruits salads, muffins, croissants, yoghurt and even bacon and eggs with no toast. Those keen on artisan bread won't bother to toast. I am not sure if Toast will go past the next generation. Not sure if they can't wait or just too messy.
I think they are avoiding carbs and worried about becoming a heifer 🐮

I knew someone who in addition to having "some toast with their butter" would apply extra butter to the inside edges after each bite.
Variation, butter when hot/warm so the unsalted butter melts, then once cool add extra unsalted butter, then apply genorous sprinkling of coarse salt. If you are adulterating toast with other products then it's best buttering it when old as the butter is counter-intuitively a decent bonding agent for a subsequent layer.

Top Bottom