CycleChat Investigates - Toast

How do you cut your toast?

• Politburo regulation rectangle halves for me

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Triangle halves for me, just like Reagan and Thatcher.

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • A whole slice, because I'm a greedy git snd own two jagw.

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Whole slice, brutally butchered along its natural contours.

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wrong thought process:

1. Fashion a dodecahedron from butter using a suitable implement.
2. Cut pieces of bread to match the faces of the dodecahedron.
3. Toast all pieces (a grill might be easier).
4. While they are hot, stick one piece of toast to each face of the dodecahedron.
5. Eat
The toast in Battlestar Galactica, like their paper, was octagonal.

It doesn't matter how you cut it as long as you use Nutty Crust bread. Anyone in NI will know what I'm talking about.

gbb

Legendary Member
I have just aĺl but stopped eating my favourite breakfast and snack..toast.
I love it, had two slices for breakfast for as long as I can remember, love a slice in the evening, love it with egg or beans...or both, always with proper butter....:hungry:
Speltand rye was my favourite..white is ok, preferably buttered when almost cold.

But I noticed I'm starting to feel bloated all the time, stomach a bit distended....a bit bleugh. So I've cut it out for the most part, only had 4 slices in the last week or so...sadly, I do feel better :sad:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You lot have too much time to think... toast is best eaten with butter and marmalade and a decent mug of tea... failing that a bowl of porridge, or crumpets with butter and treacle.

postman

Legendary Member
Well now i only have one more clue to get on today's crossword.Toast was the answer to the question, two egg on.So finally question large fish starts with S, silly me,SPECIAL.

There are other things you do with it, besides eating it?
:ohmy: my point was that the rest of the sentence was superfluous :laugh:

I like mine relatively namby-pamby with regards to colour, plenty of butter, Marmite quite often, cut rectangular. Do occasionally smother with Seriously Strong cheese spread, doubtless infringing some strict toasting mores!
:biggrin:

pjd57

Veteran
Rectangles for me.
But if there are small grandchildren visiting I cut them in half and make small squares.
I get to eat the crusts and soggy leftover bits.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The enemy of good toast is condensation. Leave toast in toaster to dry a bit. Store in toast rack. Spread butter and topping on a warm plate.
Saint Delia calls is "wangy toast" when you put freshly toasted bread onto a cold plate.
Slightly older bread is better for toast than freshly baked.
I was once berated by all of my friends for stating that a toast rack is an essential kitchen item.
I think much less of the bunch of ignorant uncultured commoners!

Top Bottom