CycleChat Ride - 2 May - Manningtree/Colchester/Tiptree (i.e. north-east Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Hi Sig Silverprinter, yes I was wondering if I should try and shift the date of this ride to a time when there aren't train problems. Does anyone else think this might be an idea? Maybe move it to 11th April (where there is obviously something going on train-wise but they are still running through to Manningtree with one change at Ingatestone)? The previous Saturday (28 March) has engineering works which require a rail replacement bus from Billericay. What do people think?

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
..well it would seem to be th esensible thing to do I reckon...I mean if peeps can tget there by train...well thery cant get there by train so yes .. maybe consider a different date?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
can't do the 11th B)

Auntie Helen said:
Hi Sig Silverprinter, yes I was wondering if I should try and shift the date of this ride to a time when there aren't train problems. Does anyone else think this might be an idea? Maybe move it to 11th April (where there is obviously something going on train-wise but they are still running through to Manningtree with one change at Ingatestone)? The previous Saturday (28 March) has engineering works which require a rail replacement bus from Billericay. What do people think?

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Argh, that means it wouldn't be till August or September or October... and I was so looking forward to it :biggrin:

Can I have a few more comments on whether people want to try to go for an earlier date (maybe sometime in March, p'raps) or delay it till August...

By the way, if anyone has a free day and wants to do a ride up here (as djtheglove did yesterday), do get in touch – I'm a lady of relative leisure and would love a chance to do more cycling in company rather than on my own!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
It appears that there are no engineering works on:

Saturday 18 April
Saturday 25 April
Saturday 2 May (this is Peter's CycleChat ride).

Would any of you be able to make the 18th or 25th or is it too near Peter's ride?

Dates prior to that (apart from the 11th which doesn't work for Ianrauk) all have engineering works to muck up the plans so I don't think they'll work.

Auntie Helen said:
It appears that there are no engineering works on:

Saturday 18 April
Saturday 25 April
Saturday 2 May (this is Peter's CycleChat ride).

Would any of you be able to make the 18th or 25th or is it too near Peter's ride?

Dates prior to that (apart from the 11th which doesn't work for Ianrauk) all have engineering works to muck up the plans so I don't think they'll work.

11th is out for me too. 18th and 25th both ok. Of these two, 18th would be preferable, still 2 weeks clear of the next ride.

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've PMed Peter to ask for a swap, so we'll see if this work for him.

Failing that, the July swap might be good Steve, although I now have a nasty suspicion that perhaps the National Rail Enquiries site doesn't list engineering works this far in advance (thus why 18th onwards are entirely clear of works).

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Just heard back from Peter that he's happy to swap with me so the Manningtree to Tiptree ride is now the 2nd May and Peter's ride (Fleet, Hampshire) is the 4th April.

[Tannoy female announcer voice] We apologise for the inconvenience of changing our plans and thank you for your understanding. [/Tannoy female announcer voice]

If anyone can't make that date and wants to do the ride on another day, please get in touch as I'd love to do it with anyone who wants. More chances to have a Cream Tea at the Jam Factory, y'see!

OP
OP
Auntie Helen

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm wondering about also offering this ride on 18th April (as a more low-key version) for those who can't make the May date. We can trailblaze it and you can tell me if it's a rubbish route after all, sort of setting the standard for the 'official' one a fortnight later.

Anyone up for that?

Top Bottom