CycleChat Ride - 2 May - Manningtree/Colchester/Tiptree (i.e. north-east Essex)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Where to begin? Pulling up at Ilford to see rejedi and mac getting a start on thier tans, missing the train, catching a later train and then shortly after watching sig running down the platform to get on before the doors close, enjoying the view from the train then realising i'll be riding home later gulp! That's how the day began.
2lau2qh.jpg

2wn3fgn.jpg

303bp00.jpg

2rgma2f.jpg

8ys19i.jpg

loads more pics to come.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Don't forget "dave's happy hundred" best served at midnight, many miles from home

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
The plan was to meet at the station and have breakfeast then start the ride, shortly we were on the way.
2eoiq9w.jpg

23t32nk.jpg

24mcb4x.jpg

8y53d2.jpg

25k64v4.jpg

mow

Tube

Oh almost forgot, Simon ( I hope that was your name) you should PM me with some details so I can replenish your inner tube collection.

A big thanks to the pit stop crew

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
With the sun shinning we rode on making a quick stop for a p--------,
2wdsk0n.jpg

2b785i.jpg

idxaqh.jpg

then we were out on the lanes just riding along
i2kr9z.jpg

ChrisKH

Guru
Nice pictures topcat1. Where are the 'lost in Tollesbury' ones? :evil:

My new signature was vying with your statement on getting lost for the second time:

"I want to go home!"

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
For lunch we stopped at the jam factory, yes i bought some jam. A nice bike pulled up ,
15nkpkj.jpg

then we were back on the road
4r6du1.jpg

282hro6.jpg

amy0sz.jpg

another brief stop and we were on our way
k00m4x.jpg

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
So we returned to the station and relaxed and had a drink,
2u6gp35.jpg

sig getting ready
akk1gw.jpg

4r6tz5.jpg

then it was time to go
2qwo4t5.jpg

3462tdc.jpg

10 mins later

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
So we shot off leaving Helen and John to climb a hill and without saying goodbye we sped off into the sunset.
Not expecting to be out so late (4am) i only brought armwarmers thinking i'll be back by 10pm
or2mhf.jpg

after a merry chase across essex we started the main run into London pausing briefly to celebrate sigs' 100 (sorry sig no photo)
3d2kz.jpg

and to say goodnight to sig and chris. We had pit stop for coffee and food and then shot down to tower bridge.
Well i had a great day, meeting Auntie Helen having a very nice ride with some great companions but was not expecting such a great ride home, yes we took a few wrong turns and it was a bit chilly but it was so much fun. I got another hundred around midnight
20z4uao.jpg

but look at that smile, for me the best part of the day was the night.
Thankyou Helen great ride, Aperitif Andy Andy Sig Chris and everyone who turned up.
158 miles.

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Aperitif said:
Good photos big man - you are very good company and there were some good memories within the photos. (Where's my teddy bear wall BTW?) Well done.

And to all who achieved a cycling milestone - cross it off the 'to do' list! :tongue:

Here it is
25s53br.jpg

and here's one of my bike;)
egbnfl.jpg

Top Bottom