CycleChat's cycling twonk of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
I spent an hour removing the complicated Ortlieb handle bar bag mound from my hybrid to put it on my new hybrid. Only to realise that having got it off the old bike, I had actually put it back on the old bike instead of the new one.

You don't get more twonkish than that.

Oh yes! I've done that a few times in the past!

RhythMick

Über Member
About the 20psi mark. But how big did he get the inner tube?
No idea, it was a thread on this site somewhere. Had me rolling on the lawn with my family reaching for the phone. Again.

It's quite refreshing to hear it's not just me.

classic33

Leg End Member
No idea, it was a thread on this site somewhere. Had me rolling on the lawn with my family reaching for the phone. Again.

It's quite refreshing to hear it's not just me.
Managed to get a 27inch tube to over 10 foot diameter. Checking to make certain I'd fixed the puncture. Then found I'd no tube.
Thought I'd see how big I could get it.

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I'd like to self-nominate.
Honestly, there are times I could weep at my stupidity. For the last three-and-a-half years since I got the bug, I've been frustrated (and spent much time bemoaning the fact) at finding cycling-prohibited signs at various places. It's only today that I've remembered that triangular signs are generally warnings - it's the round ones I have to obey.

I can beat that hands down. This week I went for a brief ride to check the tweaks to my brakes. I was paying too much attention to a van in the side rode I wanted to join, and as a result didn't see the car coming down my road towards me. He would have hit me were it not for his quick reactions. Never done anything so stupid in my life :-(

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I arrived at work one day in record time, it felt like I was really flying all the way in. Got off the bike to put it in the shed and saw that my pannier with all my clothes wasn't on the bike; I'd left it at the garage door. Nothing for it but get back on the bike to go 7.5 miles home.
Uphill.
Nobber.

GC

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I fixed a puncture at home and rode to work across London. Carrying the bike up the stairs, the front wheel dropped off. I had forgotten to tighten the QR skewer.

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I'm withdrawing my candidacy - the staggering twonkness being admitted here is out of my class and is of a quality I can only admire. :thumbsup: Though there was that time I got lost on Dufton Fell. In a freezing fog. With a broken thermos. While wearing an army surplus camouflage jacket that rendered me invisible at a distance of ten feet. But since this is a cycling forum, I'm not counting it. :whistle:

_aD

Do not touch suspicious objects
I once cycled around the village I used to live in. It was day four of my cycle camping tour. Twas dark, raining and my lights were starting to fade. Not that it mattered much - the signposts were mostly overcome by trees and hedges anyway.

By "cycled around the village", I mean that literally. I managed orbit the entire place twice before figuring out where the hell I was and getting to my sister's place in need of tea and cake. That was a blimmin' good ride though.

Top Bottom