CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
@cougie uk

Veering slightly away from cafes there is a climb out of Prestatyn up to Gwaenysgor. I have only been down it (which was hold your brakes on all the way down) the sign at the top from memory states 37%

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I guess this could be a bit off the beaten track for many but deserves recommendation. Syke Farm tearoom in Buttermere. Outstanding is a big word but very appropriate. Ice cream, pies and cake all made on the premises. I had steak and Stilton pie followed by rhubarb crumble ice cream. To die for. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Ten cyclists there, we were walkers, who clearly enjoyed the place. While they ate coffee and cake one of the staff brought out their refilled water bottles on a tray!!!! 👍

I'll be planning a route to take my cycling buddies. Just wish it was closer to home.

Syke Farm Facebook

Chislenko

Veteran
I guess this could be a bit off the beaten track for many but deserves recommendation. Syke Farm tearoom in Buttermere. Outstanding is a big word but very appropriate. Ice cream, pies and cake all made on the premises. I had steak and Stilton pie followed by rhubarb crumble ice cream. To die for. Not cheap but worth every penny.

Ten cyclists there, we were walkers, who clearly enjoyed the place. While they ate coffee and cake one of the staff brought out their refilled water bottles on a tray!!!! 👍

I'll be planning a route to take my cycling buddies. Just wish it was closer to home.

Syke Farm Facebook

Steak and Stilton pie sounds right up my street!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Popped in to the Rookery Cafe on Streatham Common on my ride on Saturday. I wasn't planning a cafe stop but there it was, so in I went. Nice little cafe. I locked my bike to the railings and could keep an eye on it while I was inside waiting to order.

I just had a couple of cans of fizzy pop, a croissant and a very nice espresso before heading off.

1686498445655.png

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Went to a cracking cafe today, just north of Peterborough.

Moor Farm; https://www.moorfarmshop.uk/

Staff were really friendly, I had a sausage sandwich and a latte, sausages were bloody gorgeous.

If you use cyclingmaps.net it is just off the B1443 and not right up Decoy Road as the map shows

Also had half a dozen or so Sheffield stands at the back of the car park, clearly visible from the outside seating.
IMG_0220.jpeg

IMG_0219.jpeg

Last edited:

farrukhali6177

just trying to complete

RMR

Popped in this morning to have a quick look, loads of room inside a plenty of benches in the garden. Will probably nip in for a coffee tomorrow and report back.

20230810_121425.jpg

Jotheboat

Well, there's nothing on the map on the other thread so I'll put forward a recommendation.

Parkhead Station Tearooms in County Durham, way up on the moors and a wonderful spot. Here's it's website

It's on the Coast to Coast cycle route and, heading east, basically the last high point (1500 ft?) before the North Sea.

54.78433515054971, -1.9974204349366818 I think this works!

Attachments

• Parkhead 1.jpg
    Parkhead 1.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Parkhead 2.jpg
    Parkhead 2.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom