CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Venetian Marina Cafe, near Nantwich has been closed and is unlikely to be opening in the near future. :cry:
That is a pity. We ate there on a canal boat holiday and they almost have a captive audience. Not much within walking distance of the canal.

Actually I'm mistaken. It was the Aquaduct Cafe we stopped at. I believe that's still open.

Last edited:

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Little Town Dairy Farm shop & Cafe at Longridge is nice. Plenty of outdoor seating and good friendly service.
Interesting. Only been once and the service was awful. As we frequently ride by I'd better try again.

Chislenko

Veteran
Was at this place today

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Resta...fe-Leeswood_Flintshire_North_Wales_Wales.html

Full on bacon batch / bap (regional word, choose yours) and a mug of coffee for £3.70.

Obviously a large percentage of the patrons are bikers and I was the only cyclist there. A very nice place which I feel sure, despite it being called The Old Stores, used to be a pub many years ago.

If you really want to earn your buttie / breakfast I can highly recommend taking Lon Tir Y Fron (Lane) from the Wrexham to Mold road to reach the cafe. A steady climb that sets you up for your food.

Oh wow. On the bottom of the Sunspot ? We used to do that climb all the time but with the increase in traffic not so much now.
That was the pub that had Ruddles Beer advertised - "Too late mate - you've missed us" at the end of their carpark.

Chislenko

Veteran
Oh wow. On the bottom of the Sunspot ? We used to do that climb all the time but with the increase in traffic not so much now.
That was the pub that had Ruddles Beer advertised - "Too late mate - you've missed us" at the end of their carpark.

Well worth a ride out there if you are into bikes with engines!. I'm not really but a nice spot and the food was really good.

Ideally you would need a cafe lock for your bike as the cycle rack is a bit out of sight. Ok if more than one of you, one can go in and order whilst the other nabs the table by the cycle rack.

Must admit I did not know of it, was googling Cycle Cafes looking for somewhere new and it came up so made it my destination today, Chester through Kinnerton, Hope and then followed that Tir Y Fron Lane.

If I was a motorbiker I would definitely go there rather than the Ponderosa which is where a lot of them gather.

Just want to confirm that Roots Cafe - mentioned at the beginning of the thread - is still going strong; great service - I arrived one afternoon last week, just as he'd closed everything up but bless him, he reopened for me - no coffee as the machine had been turned off and cleaned, but I got a cold drink, a piece of cake and welcome to sit on the bench outside. Check closing times on FB as they often close early, weather dependent. HOWEVER also be aware of route disruptions - and lack of signs - in the area due to construction of the Western Distributor.

I also enjoy the Beach Hut Cafe at Preston Docks, and literally yards from the Guild Wheel - order at an outside hatch for table service and sit outside with your bike by your side. Not cheap but you can't expect it from an upgraded marina/dockside; lovely coffee; open til 5pm. One of the staff members was all over my bike - a middle-aged lady with foot problems who wants to start cycling as a non-weight-bearing exercise for her health, but hasn't seen anything she thought she might be able to manage, until she saw mine, with its combination of low-step-thru, upright position, small wheels and hub gears. I imagine a small, round, plus-70yo demoing it was reassuring to her, too! When I showed her it was a folder, she was ecstatic and immediately started talking about being able to put it in the car to get to the coast.
Here we are, MBAAC!
DSCN0203 (2).JPG

My favourite cafe is in Lytham; just off the sea/estuary front, in the Lowther Gardens behind the Lowther pavilion/theatre. Plenty of outside seating and space - not sure about lockable places for the bike. I asked a couple sitting on the table next to mine if they'd keep an eye on mine for me when I went in to order. Really good homemade cake, I was spoilt for choice and am thinking of going to Lytham again tomorrow,

only partially to try some more cake!

Well worth a ride out there if you are into bikes with engines!. I'm not really but a nice spot and the food was really good.

Ideally you would need a cafe lock for your bike as the cycle rack is a bit out of sight. Ok if more than one of you, one can go in and order whilst the other nabs the table by the cycle rack.

Must admit I did not know of it, was googling Cycle Cafes looking for somewhere new and it came up so made it my destination today, Chester through Kinnerton, Hope and then followed that Tir Y Fron Lane.

If I was a motorbiker I would definitely go there rather than the Ponderosa which is where a lot of them gather.
Have you been to Walters in Kinnerton and Honeys in Hope ? They're both nice but Honeys have a £12 minimum on card payment.

Chislenko

Veteran
Have you been to Walters in Kinnerton and Honeys in Hope ? They're both nice but Honeys have a £12 minimum on card payment.

Not seen either to be honest, will look them out.

Chislenko

Veteran
For those in our locality The Old Chapel Cafe in Saltney Ferry has re-opened but only Sunday through Wednesday at the moment.

The place has looked derelict for many years but obviously the locals are trying to develop it for the community. For that reason, in my opinion, worth supporting but only four mile from my house so not a viable stop for me.

https://oldchapelcafe.com/

Footnote: I notice the new owners of the Eureka site have never took the Cafe sign down.

For those in our locality The Old Chapel Cafe in Saltney Ferry has re-opened but only Sunday through Wednesday at the moment.

The place has looked derelict for many years but obviously the locals are trying to develop it for the community. For that reason, in my opinion, worth supporting but only four mile from my house so not a viable stop for me.

Footnote: I notice the new owners of the Eureka site have never took the Cafe sign down.
Old Chapel Cafe is 20 miles for me so great for a quick trip or a quick coffeee on a longer ride, staff (volunteers) are all very friendly and prices are very good. Great shame they don't do Wed-Sunday to catch more people though.

Aah.

Ive seen the sign but it always looks closed as I go past. It's a bit too close to home for me usually but good to know it's there.

dodgy

Aah.

Ive seen the sign but it always looks closed as I go past. It's a bit too close to home for me usually but good to know it's there.

Good little watering stop on the way out of Wales for us, Cougie? Wonder if it's cash only. I just don't carry cash anymore.

dodgy

I got a fair amount of memorabilia from Eureka when they closed (by payment obviously). I wouldn't mind the sign that's still up, would look great in my yard :becool: I might ask if it's ok, the site is owned by the nearby Mini garage now.

Top Bottom