CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Couldn't see how to edit the map there's nothing in the East mids was going to add a couple
@Sea of vapours any help
When I first opened the map couldn't figure out why there was a blue dot in my village the more I zoomed in the closer it got to home I thought my house had been recommended as a cafe then I twigged it was just my location:laugh:
You can either find the cafe, left-click on it, then click 'Add to map' in the box which pops up, or you can click the location pin icon (towards the top of the map page, fourth from the left - looks like an upside down teardrop) and *then* click on the map where you want the pin and name it, etc.

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Cheers @Sea of vapours . Added a couple in the cafe looking desert in the Midlands . Will add more when time allows

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Plaw Hatch Farm, near East Grinstead in East Sussex. https://www.plawhatchfarm.co.uk/home-1

There's a farm shop here and an outdoor cafe that provides blankets in winter. I've stopped here a number of times.

Yesterday the guy started cutting my piece of chocolate cake. "Wow, that's a big slice" I thought. So I wasn't surprised when he cut it in half to a more sensible size. I was a bit disappointed when he proceeded to cut that in half too, giving me a very stingy sliver of cake. It was nice, what there was of it. Coffee was good too.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
This man makes fabulous Falafel's. If you see him in Canterbury buy one, delicious.

smoggie

"TEA BARN" at Whitely near Womersley in West/North Yorks is good if you are passing

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Today I went to Heartwork, near Holmbury St Mary in the Surrey Hills.
https://www.heartworkcoffee.co.uk/

Nice coffee and cake, not outrageously expensive. I think it was £4-odd for a double Espresso and a brownie. I don't think it's outrageous. I expect some CCers do.

They have water containers where you can fill your bottles, and a track pump for cyclists' use. They also do other foods like Croque Monsieur (Ham and cheese toastie) and various other toastie related foods, but with a continental bent (Panninis I think). I didn't try that. It was strictly a coffee and cake (or more accurately a coffee and cake then more coffee) visit.

There is seating in a barn, but as it was a nice day and I wanted to sit next to my bike I didn't use that.
1644621145854.jpeg

Today I went to Heartwork, near Holmbury St Mary in the Surrey Hills.
https://www.heartworkcoffee.co.uk/

Nice coffee and cake, not outrageously expensive. I think it was £4-odd for a double Espresso and a brownie. I don't think it's outrageous. I expect some CCers do.

They have water containers where you can fill your bottles, and a track pump for cyclists' use. They also do other foods like Croque Monsieur (Ham and cheese toastie) and various other toastie related foods, but with a continental bent (Panninis I think). I didn't try that. It was strictly a coffee and cake (or more accurately a coffee and cake then more coffee) visit.

There is seating in a barn, but as it was a nice day and I wanted to sit next to my bike I didn't use that.
View attachment 630574
looks kinda nice, if a bit potentially muddy, but cripes, I checked out their touted back-story/inspiration.
https://www.heartworkcoffee.co.uk/pages/our-story

not only do they use the dreaded "journey/s" in its modern usage, but twice in one sentence.

And these choice bits:

>>We approach serving our coffee with simple and restrained elegance that amplifies our values in coffee, people, and connection.

(can you enlighten us on the wrist movement as the coffee was handed over?)

and:

>>We want to serve you a sensory experience rich and full of connection.

(I'm not entirely sure I'd have the strength to get back on the bike after that)

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
looks kinda nice, if a bit potentially muddy, but cripes, I checked out their touted back-story/inspiration.
https://www.heartworkcoffee.co.uk/pages/our-story

not only do they use the dreaded "journey/s" in its modern usage, but twice in one sentence.

And these choice bits:

>>We approach serving our coffee with simple and restrained elegance that amplifies our values in coffee, people, and connection.

(can you enlighten us on the wrist movement as the coffee was handed over?)

and:

>>We want to serve you a sensory experience rich and full of connection.
Not sure I wouldn't have taken the p*ss myself. Can't be doing with the pretentiousness. If it's hot, black and wet with coffee on the jar it's ok. Remember the days when your choices were sugar or milk and now getting a drink reads like a restaurant menu!

Not sure I wouldn't have taken the p*ss myself. Can't be doing with the pretentiousness. If it's hot, black and wet with coffee on the jar it's ok. Remember the days when your choices were sugar or milk and now getting a drink reads like a restaurant menu!
yep coffee culture does seem to have gone a bit awol and poncy, and I'm a serious coffee head.

These days I often carry my own coffee making gear with me in a pannier - if you fancy meeting up for a sensory experience rich and full of connection round the back of a church just drop me the nod.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I was asked to leave a costa once, refuse to go through the door of chains but was cold and no other options. I asked for a black coffee, the bloke said americano? I said he could call it Nigel for all I cared as long as it was a black coffee.

Top Bottom