CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chislenko

Veteran
Cycled past Kelsall Cycles and Coffee Shop this morning and it all looked closed up, no signs, didn't see the table and chairs out.

Did have an excellent cheeseburger at Route 56 in Frodsham though!

Cycled past Kelsall Cycles and Coffee Shop this morning and it all looked closed up, no signs, didn't see the table and chairs out.

Hmmm - Frodsham in in range - thanks - just hope they can do a burger without cheese!!!

I think it's open every day apart from Monday. Tables and benches inside the cafe - it's sizeable inside so great for winter. I'd think they'll get some outside benches for the summer though.

Chislenko

Veteran
I think it's open every day apart from Monday. Tables and benches inside the cafe - it's sizeable inside so great for winter. I'd think they'll get some outside benches for the summer though.

Yes, it says closed Monday on their website but today was Wednesday and the place was all shut up which is what made me wonder.

Yes, it was Willington Road I was on. Apologies if I have done them a disservice, I wasn't aware they had moved.
I'm just glad it was the old place you tried as it means the new one is still there!
Odd they don't have a 'we have moved' sign out, might be missing lots of other folk.
I believe they are going to improve the new pace to be more like a real cafe (so food other than cake!).

It's a good location on the yeld. Nice short cut through the forest brings you right there.

RoMeR

Über Member
Discovered this one yesterday in Colwick Park, Nottingham. Yet to try but looks great.

Attachments

• 1648118066033.jpg
    1648118066033.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1648118066033.jpg
    1648118066033.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 15

Chislenko

Veteran
It's a good location on the yeld. Nice short cut through the forest brings you right there.

I'm just glad it was the old place you tried as it means the new one is still there!
Odd they don't have a 'we have moved' sign out, might be missing lots of other folk.
I believe they are going to improve the new pace to be more like a real cafe (so food other than cake!).

Sought it out this morning and sampled. Still just cake at the moment.

What you omitted to mention is that when you have climbed up through Kelsall and turn left onto Yeld Lane there is another big hill😀

Came back the other way towards Manley / Dunham Hill which was predominantly down hill though so it all evens itself out.

Sought it out this morning and sampled. Still just cake at the moment.

What you omitted to mention is that when you have climbed up through Kelsall and turn left onto Yeld Lane there is another big hill😀

Came back the other way towards Manley / Dunham Hill which was predominantly down hill though so it all evens itself out.
Oh yeah. It's a mahoosive hill. You can swerve most of the climbing by going the other way and then bearing left and it'll bring you out lower down in Kelsall.

It's a good test of your brakes going the other way down to the cafe and trying to stop in time for the cafe.

Chislenko

Veteran
Oh yeah. It's a mahoosive hill. You can swerve most of the climbing by going the other way and then bearing left and it'll bring you out lower down in Kelsall.

It's a good test of your brakes going the other way down to the cafe and trying to stop in time for the cafe.

As each year passes I get more and more cautious on descents so I am constantly dabbing the brakes.

I would imagine someone with no fear could easily attain 50mph going down there. I bottled out at 35mph and that was free wheeling.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
No photos for this one but yesterday I had lunch in Pinnock's Coffee House in Ripley, Surrey. http://pinnockscoffeehouse.com/

There are bike racks, free water dispensers for bottle filling. Toilets for customers. Nice outside seating, friendly staff. I had a really nice baked potato.

Their website mentions their coffee bean blends, which is possibly a bit la-di-da for the more down to earth CC members, but if what you want is some nice food and services it's great.

Top Bottom