Cycling, a poor mans means of transport!

Is it?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Seperate thread, but how many on here consider cycling/travel by pedal cycle to be a poor man's means of transport.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Not with the cost of my bikes it ain't.

Davidc

Guru
With the cost of consumables and accessories cycling may make me poor!

I put £42 worth of new tyres on last night (OK bought those 6 months ago), just to add to recently replacing a chain and cassette, another £40 worth, and a load of other minor bits and pieces this month. Ordered £50 worth of bar tape and mudguards today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'm a poor man and I cycle so yes. If I became a rich man I'd probably cycle more.

hoopdriver

Guru
My Pegoretti says it is not a poor man's transport - on the other hand, I am not rich.

If I were to become rich one of the great lifestyle changing things I would do would be to indulge in long leisurely bike rides every morning without worrying about having to go to work and earn a living.

Trail Child

My Pinarello says "hell no!"

My commuter is my MOR-priced bike, my winter bike is my beater bike, and, obviously, my Pina is my sports car. Add up all the gear & kit that goes with all of them, and you've got an awesome habit. The beauty is that when going to uni & I had no money, it was a very cheap form of transport.

Top Bottom