Cycling and bicycle questions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
freakhatz said:
..you mean this forum is about bicycles and you're all cylists:ohmy: Oh bugger..

This was my main point really. I like it here, but it dawned on me that that here a forum populated by cyclists than a Cyclist forum...if that makes any sense. Bikes and cycling often take a back seat and the debates are free-for-alls, Cycle-chat is high on social and lower on Tech, Newbie and Race stuff than other cycling fora.

Cycle-chat...does exactly what it says on the tin...;)

Dave5N

Über Member
TheDoctor said:
Rules? We don't need no steenkin' rules!
Or how about - if it's your first post, you have to fight!:sad:

With a baby elephant.

Dave5N said:
Of course there are rules. Otherwise we'd have anarchy.

TBH you should have read and memorised them before posting. Click here for the cycle chat forum rules

See above. ;)

Fab Foodie said:
Cycle-chat is high on social and lower on Tech, Newbie and Race stuff than other cycling fora.

Cycle-chat...does exactly what it says on the tin...;)

That's exactly what I like about it! I used to visit Truckersworld and Safespeed and the conversations on both of those sites were always about much the same things, always connected with lorries or road safety policies. fair enough, but it got quite boring very quickly. The reason I like it here is that you can usually rely on having an intelligent conversation on almost any subject. And, if you want to, you can even talk about bikes.

bonj2

SamNichols said:
It's a long distance non-competitive cycling event. you are given a route and a minimum time limit and then you cycle it.
A minimum time? :sad: What, so if you do it faster you have to wait just before the finishing line? :sad: ;)

SamNichols said:
The joy of learning a whole new language, with blood masking and various doping agents. The joy of learning which teams can and can't be trusted, of which riders can and can't be trusted and the ins and outs of the rules. After the Rasmussen shenanigans on the Tour I gave up, I had no idea what was going on and didn't have the patience to find out. For me it's a hobby, and the pro side of things just isn't interesting. Some people may love it, but I just don't care.

Well I'm a strong believer in that it's the drug laws that are at fault - they should just let them. I wouldn't mind but they're not even strong drugs - it's not exactly like they're pumping themselves full of steroids every day, most of them are just not much more than dietary supplements. At the end of the day, drugs or not, if someone wins but then tests positive, they have still cycled that distance in a faster time than anybody else can - it's not like they've taken a short-cut down a rat-run or waited till no-one was looking then drove, only to get back on later.

Pete said:
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Tongue very firmly lodged in cheek there - I hope! As indeed is the OP. Seriously though, please don't invent a reason for more and more rules for the forum. There is a cycling forum out there circumscribed by a plethora of arbitrary and, some would say, autocratic rules. It isn't this one.

SamNichols said:
Here we don't have arbitrary rules, we have abitrary rules which are a great deal more nonsensical, and sometimes a good deal more offensive.
(I did say it in jest by the way, i've made around 900 posts about nothing to do with cycling I would think).
we don't need rules, we need a plethora of abitrarys :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
I don't like ACF any more. I got sent to the hotel, didn't like that very much and closed my account straight after. Onanists!

Dave5N

Über Member
bonj said:
A minimum time? :?: What, so if you do it faster you have to wait just before the finishing line? :wacko: ;)

Well I'm a strong believer in that it's the drug laws that are at fault - they should just let them. I wouldn't mind but they're not even strong drugs - it's not exactly like they're pumping themselves full of steroids every day, most of them are just not much more than dietary supplements. At the end of the day, drugs or not, if someone wins but then tests positive, they have still cycled that distance in a faster time than anybody else can - it's not like they've taken a short-cut down a rat-run or waited till no-one was looking then drove, only to get back on later.

:rolleyes: Muppet :wacko:

Top Bottom