Cycling and your sanity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Been using my hard tail for work this week..
Got a rattle, you know one of them ffs rattles:hyper::banghead:
Seat and post checked ,no
New BB fitted last week,no
Bars and cabling ,internal..no
Pedals ..cleats no
Cable ends ,no
Wheels no
Frame no...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just got home tonight and caught the gate as i walked the bike in, noise happened??
Bloody bottle cage:eek::laugh::banghead:

I always have a bottle in it for trail and xc..commuting i dont bother, and breathe:smile:

All good fun

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Glad you did not lose your bottle when rattled.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I was teaching a lad to drive once and every time he put the clutch down there was a click. I was watching his foot on the pedal and just couldn't figure out what was causing it. Soon as he got out and I took over the clicking stopped, so I thought it must be something he was doing. No problem for the rest of the week and I forgot about it till his lesson came round again and as soon as he started driving the bloody clicking started again. I asked him could he hear it too and he told me he could, his knee always clicked like that that when he straightened it.

Doh!

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Got a rattle, you know one of them ffs rattles:hyper::banghead:

New BB fitted last week,no

Just got home tonight and caught the gate as i walked the bike in, noise happened??
Bloody bottle cage:eek::laugh::banghead:
Funnily enough earlier this year I'd just changed my BB & a few rides later had an annoying rattle/creak. Thought it must have been the BB, but no, a few days later my bottle cage came loose, tightened the bolt & hey, no more rattling :laugh:

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Funnily enough earlier this year I'd just changed my BB & a few rides later had an annoying rattle/creak. Thought it must have been the BB, but no, a few days later my bottle cage came loose, tightened the bolt & hey, no more rattling :laugh:

These things are sent to try us..

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
There ain't no sanity clause. But two-wheeled travel (whether self powered or with an engine) certainly helps my mental state.

Spending money on a boring metal box on wheels, so you can spend hours in it getting to work, and then spend hours paying for it, yet kidding yourself (a) it's an interesting metal box and (b) a sensible way to live your life, OTOH....that's nuts.

Top Bottom