Cycling Apps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JayMac

I currently have a Samsung s4 and was wondering if anybody could recommend some good apps, for tracking my mileage, avg speed or designing routes for leisurely rides?

There seems to be a whole host of these apps, but it seems like a minefield out there? I've heard of strava, but never actually used it, so any advice from more experienced riders would be fantastic!

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Strava all the way

lukasran

certainly get on strava but do yourself a huge favour by recording your ride with ipbike. esp as your phone is ant+ can record heart rate etc if your into that. ipbike free android bike computer.

paul04

Über Member
I've tried various Apps for my iPhone and abandoned them all. My garmin 600 does everything I need.

That's all well and good "if" you can afford a garmin 600, not everyone can, so we use app's on the phone.
I have tried a few apps including runkeeper,map my ride, but I like strava the best.

Manu3172

Regular
I like Strava, it does all what I need. Endomondo is great too. Most apps have the same features so it's mainly your personal feeling that will make you choose. You just have to try :smile:

Strava, then you will find the dreaded segments that get you hooked like a junkie on heroin!

Ron-da-Valli

It's a bleedin' miracle!
I think riding just for the enjoyment is enough for me. I don't give monkeys about kom's and all that nonsense. I have a simple Cateye Velo 8 computer that gives me the basic info I need. I am a Luddite and always carry a map if I'm exploring new areas. Besides, a Garmin or whatever would cost more than my bike!!

Top Bottom