Cycling B&B in the foothills of the Pyrenees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the detailed reply.

In reality you had a fairly small area to look at given the two tours and 6 months of summer^_^

Mildly curious about this (and not expecting an answer)
It's funny, but we made friends with a couple from the UK who arrived here around the same time as us and have done a similar thing to what we want to do - and watching them has definitely influenced some of the changes we're going to make to the way we run things.
Are you learning what to do or what not to do?^_^

I'd imagine the biggest challenge will be to reach the right people, at least initially.

I'll look forward to following your progress on here.

The best of luck to the two of you.

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
We're now back in Spain after 2 weeks in the UK.

You don't generally go to the UK in January "for the weather" that's for sure, but we did have an amazing time visiting family & friends 🙂

While I was there I gave my son a copy of some footage that I recorded after he'd left his Drone with me at the end of his visit back in October. I shot most of it before I went over to meet Mrs Bonus at her daughters over in the States back in December.

For anyone on here who has visited the area - you might recognise some of this 🙂

View: https://youtu.be/j_l2Tl1W6j0

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
We've been fortunate over the last 3 months - time with family in the States before Christmas, time with family in the UK over New Year and now after a fortnight at home in Spain I'm back in the UK helping my son with some work.

The last couple of years have been hard for a lot of people and it's been interesting listening to the different (but similar) stories on both sides of the Atlantic. Now, working amongst people here in the UK, I can see that they are just tired of it all. Almost no one on site is wearing a mask (or "face covering" as they refer to it here), in the shops maybe a third of people are - despite signs urging everyone to do so. Quite a contrast to Spain where masks are still compulsory when entering any shop.

And talking of shops, I popped in to the "Best Biltong" South African shop in Guildford last week and had a nice catch up chat with the owner.....

Happy days :-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Taking a break from working in the UK and back in Spain for a fortnight. Yesterday we had a cold rain down where we live in Boltaña. Today as the cloud cleared we could see that snow had fallen on the Peña Monteñesa again, as is customary in March! Always a beautiful sight....

:-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
My friend Pedro Montaner, who lives here in Ainsa and is a fellow MTB'er & professional photographer, recently took this picture of the village of Guaso where our Project is.

He's always taking and posting amazing pictures and it's shots like this one of Guaso that remind us of everything we love about living in this area and keeps us going towards our goal of building and running our little B&B.

:-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Last week:

Last weekend was the annual Farmers Market in Aisa, this weekend is a big Fiesta. This evening there will be a show on in the plaza and tomorrow night music and dancing. I’ve spent quite a bit of time in the UK this summer – so missed the Guaso village and Boltana town Fiestas – so this weekend will be nice 🙂

I’m looking forward to chocolate coated Churros!!

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Today:

After a nice week of R&R back in Spain – hiking, swimming, riding and picnicing – we’re heading off tonight to Barcelona for an early morning flight to the States in the morning.

Our first trip back in 2017 was to NYC – amazing. Last year we were in Denver/Boulder/The Rockies – equally amazing. This trip is to North Carolina. If our daughter and her husband keep moving like this we’re going to get to see all the states! They spoil us rotten when we’re there 🙂

When I get back in a couple of weeks time I’ll be on my own for a month until Mrs Bonus comes back. A good chance to do some nice long rides and make some progress with our Project. It’ll just be tidying up and maintenance to start with but it always feels so good spending time up there in Guaso.

A good chance to do some nice long rides and make some progress with our Project
How is it coming along? Do you have opening dates? It seems that this has been a good summer for tourism in Spain from what I can see.

If you're looking for help there's a wandering bike tourist with years of hospitality experience currently looking for work ^_^

Enjoy the US!

Top Bottom