Cycling B&B in the foothills of the Pyrenees

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Yesterday we took a drive to a local Historic town of Alquezar, which we'd been told was worth visiting. It certainly was beautiful and it was only an hours drive through some stunning scenery.

IMG_1502 (1024x989).jpg
IMG_1489 (1024x765).jpg
IMG_1504 (1024x765).jpg
IMG_1505 (1024x604).jpg
IMG_1510 (1024x765).jpg

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
Mrs Bonus getting back on the bike after a few months off. We rode right up until the container was packed in SA - but it's still been a few months off the bike for her so she's suffering. I started riding as soon as I got here because I bought one bike with me on the plane :-)

Here I am squeezed into the rather small lift at our rented apartment
20160505_114611.jpg
20160505_120725.jpg
20160505_180420.jpg
with my MTB :-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
We asked three different builders to quote us on our building project and they are starting to get back to us with prices now. We have a meeting on Friday morning with the first builder we talked to. The other two are not far behind.

It has taken longer than I expected for them to put their quotes together, but they are quoting everything from the new roof on top down to the water service trenches from the street at the bottom . . . and everything in-between.

We should also hear from the municipality this week regarding planning permission. When I spoke to them recently they said that everything was going well and the council architect was happy apart from a small question that needed to be cleared up with our architect.

Slowly but surely . . . . . Meanwhile, to keep ourselves busy, Mrs Bonus is practising her recipes on me and I'm doing what I can at the house in preparation.

:-)

OP
OP
Bonus

Bonus

Veteran
We've had a good couple of weeks. . . .

Last week we stopped at a pavement cafe for coffee and got talking to a couple from Colorado in the US who were touring the area and had hired an MTB each. We ended up riding together on some of the local Zona Zero trails around Ainsa. It was good for me to get out with other riders for a change - usually I ride MTB alone. They have taken our details and they are watching our "blog". They've also given me the details of a business local to them that does MTB tours with a view to sending people our way once we're up and running :-) We rode up to our place and they had a good look around - they plan to come back next year and spend more time here in Ainsa and less time touring around.

Aside from a few days of good riding I've been spending my time with the continued job of "taming the garden" whilst Mrs Bonus practices her recipes for Tapas dishes, and we're both still trying to learn Spanish.

We're still waiting for our planning permission application to come back from the council but in the meantime we've had a quote back from the first of the three builders we've talked to.

Slowly but surely, we're getting there . . . .

Top Bottom