Cycling Box Hill.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Going to be in Surrey next week so thought I would take the folder and skive off for a few hours. Fancied riding round the Box Hill bit of the Olympic route. Will probably be on a weekday in the morning. Any advice where to park etc?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
There's a big car park at the bottom of Box Hill at Rykers Cafe just before you hit Zig Zag Road

Tim Hall

That's your best bet. The parking at the top of the hill is severely restricted, as one of the car parks has been cordoned off for all the Olympic Media gubbins. And the ones at the top are National Trust, so you have to pay, unless you're a member.

siadwell

Guru
From NT website page for Box Hill:
"Notice: The Zig Zag road will be closed on the evenings of 16 and 17 July, from 5pm. From 25 until 30 July the Zig Zag will also be closed. The main car park at Box Hill is closed. Please use the members car park or the East car park. There are currently no car parking charges."

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

From NT website page for Box Hill:
"Notice: The Zig Zag road will be closed on the evenings of 16 and 17 July, from 5pm. From 25 until 30 July the Zig Zag will also be closed. The main car park at Box Hill is closed. Please use the members car park or the East car park. There are currently no car parking charges."

Thanks for that,you may have saved me a wasted journey.

OP
OP
Banjo

Banjo

Managed to ride it one morning last week. Glad I hauled my ar$e out of bed to do it. Zig Zag road is a great road surface and the climb is well rewarded by the views from the top. Not that I imagine Cav will be stopping to take a few happy snaps next week ^_^.
010-9.jpg

012-8.jpg

siadwell

Guru
Managed to ride it one morning last week. Glad I hauled my ar$e out of bed to do it. Zig Zag road is a great road surface and the climb is well rewarded by the views from the top. Not that I imagine Cav will be stopping to take a few happy snaps next week ^_^.

So was it you that painted the Team GB slogans on the road?:whistle:

Top Bottom