Cycling by Beer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm one of those annoying bastards (for now) who has such a ridiculously high metabolism that I could drink and eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without putting on a pound. Now I've started cycling 100+ miles a week I have to drink at least 15 pints a week just to keep my weight up.

So anyone who ever says this cycling lark isn't a hard slog clearly doesn't know what they are on about.
I'm in the same boat, I looked like a P.O.W. When I started doing the big rides. I have to eat a horse, and it's rider, to keep at a sensible weight.

I would vote for Guinness but it's not vegetarian, so I'll just settle for a nice dark, unfiltered (non-milk) stout... There are one or two in my cupboard from my trip to Scotland 2 weeks ago... :whistle:[/QUOTE]

I had no idea that any beer could be non vegetarian?
water, barley, yeast

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I had no idea that any beer could be non vegetarian?
water, barley, yeast
They sometimes use finings derived from fish in the filtration process. And other stuff too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_and_beer

Anyway, I think this thread is outrageous as it encourages drinking and cycling. I may start a thread on the subject. I am deeply shocked.

I don't drink, but I do love pork pies. The only problem is that when I start out on a long ride my handlebar bag is normally stuffed with pies, neatly cut into quarters. So post-ride I'm probably lucky if I have a net gain of zero.

Top Bottom