Cycling equipment storage on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The staff only carry his inhaler :okay:

Tangoup51

Innertube, Pump, Slime puncture repair patches, Spare Li-on Batteries, Multitool, First Aid Supplies, Spare Lock Key(s) - stored in a 500mL waterbottle.
Basically all the emergency stuff, if i'm having to dive into my waterbottle for anything the best hope is a derailleur limiter screw issue or a dead torch.

Alarmed cable-lock, disc lock, in my jersey pocket and whatever food I take.

Another 500mL waterbottle.

Garmin & Phone. (attached to a handlebar mount)

Front Li-on torch
Rear light
Helmet camera.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Judging by the tools some people carry they must ride some pretty unreliable bikes.
not really, carrying spares ect; works like a charm :smile:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Hi, i would like to know how many people actually carry equipment for repairing your bike?
Pump, 2 x inner tube, tyre levers, multitool, a couple of bits of old tyre as tyre boots (for larger cuts), a box of Park instant patches + 2 quicklinks (in the purse), a pair of disc pads, a small bottle of oil, a small roll of insulating tape, and some zip ties (usually - they have a tendency to go walkabout).

If I'm off touring, both the toolkit and the spares are somewhat more comprehensive (gear cable, brake cable, a tub of assorted nuts & bolts, spare spokes, and associated tools)

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Each bike has a Topeak saddle bag with the following in:
2x inner tubes
Multi-tool
Tyre levers
Pack of self adhesive patches - either Park Tools or Scabs
Disc brake spacer thingy.

Each bike also has a pump attached to the frame.

On the road bikes, the saddle bag also contains a CO2 canister and adapter.

If I'm going to be out all day I'll take a powerbank in case the phone or Garmin needs a top up.

The reason I've got the full kit on each bike is because I used to swap the saddle bag between bikes, but kept forgetting and would only realise it wasn't there mid-ride. I got away with it, but it was only a matter of time...^_^
I do have a top tube bag that does get swapped between bikes - into that goes my mobile, a credit card, about £5 in £1 coins, emergency Haribo and either an energy bar or a Snickers.

As for riding the bike, ideally it would be every day but often it's only weekends.

Last edited:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Spare inner tube, pump, tyre levers, multintool, spanner if bike has nutted axels.
More bits if the ride is a longer one than the commute or if I'm with a group.
I ride my bike(s) most days.
Rarely do get punctures, the stuff is mostly for helping out others.
Occasionally, if I'm planning a big shop, I will chance it, leave the puncture repair stuff behind to have more space for the shopping.

Top Bottom