Cycling equipment storage on a bike

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by froome, 25 Jan 2018.

1. froome

froome New Member

Hi, i would like to know how many people actually carry equipment for repairing your bike?

2. User32269

User32269 Guest

Saddle pack with multi tool, mini pump, self adhesive patches, 2 tyre levers, spare tube, and a small first aid pack for repairing myself.

3. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

Two spare tubes, puncture kit, tyre levers, multi~tool, chain link ,zip ties ,mini pump, cloth, tucked into a customised Blackburn seat pack.

4. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

Hello @froome and welcome. This is an old chestnut on here. Most just take the essentials as above.

5. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Rack bag (which also has fold out panniers for shopping etc) with pump (a couple of bikes also have the bracket for the pump, rarely bother), usually tubes, tyre levers, multitool (also lights when not on bike etc). I can't be doing with crushing everything into a small saddle pack. Nothing goes in jersey pockets, I hate having anything against my lower back due to a large old surgical scar (arm warmers sometimes get stuff in there, but nothing hard)

This might give some ideas

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/recommended-equipment-to-carry.226879/

raleighnut likes this.
  6. mangid

mangid Veteran

Lezyne Caddy Sack:
    • 2 inner tubes in Tyvek envelope (stop them be chaffed by other things in the bag)
    • CO2 pump and 2 CO2 cartridges
    • puncture repair kit
    • multitool
    • zip ties
    • string
    • spare quick link and spare bit of single spd chain
    • Surley Jethro Tool
    • money
    All bikes also have a pump

Carried in rucksack when commuting, and jersey when out for leisure rides.

7. Arjimlad

Arjimlad Tights of Cydonia

Yup. Only needed once or twice a year, normally, but saves a lot of time & hassle. A multitool with chain breaker, inner tube or 2 for longer rides, spare quick link, Lezyne self-adhesive patches and pump, and a tyre lever. I have been able to rescue others with these too.

8. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

I'm still carrying https://www.cyclechat.net/posts/4856860 but now a 8" telescopic pump because I now prefer less weight and the extra strokes to putting a mucky mini floor pump away after use. It all lives in a litre dry bag that gets tucked in whatever saddlebag or pannier I'm taking that trip.

9. Tim Hall

Tim Hall Guest

Saddle pack with 2 x tubes, levers, disposable gloves, multi tool., cut down 15mm spanner (it's a fixed wheel with nutted axles) This for an upto 10 mile semi rural commute

But here's the other side: Keep on top of the maintenance, make sure nuts and bolts are done up properly, consider puncture resistant tyres*. All these should reduce the likelihood of you needing the stuff in the first place.

* I'm running Durano Plus. I can't remember when I last had a puncture.

10. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Keep a little zipped bag in my courier bag. Got a multitool, levers, 15 mm spanner, minipump, puncture repair kit, chain tool which is better than the one on the multitool. Sometimes have a cable tie, not currently though.

Always have a fat 700C tube and a thin 700C tube in the bag too (I switch bikes often)

If I was going for a leisure ride I'd just take the multitool, couple tubes, couple levers (ones from multitool went missing ages ago), pump.

11. Drago

Drago Guru

Compressor, generator, windy gun, angle grinder...

Well, actually multi tool, levers, spare tube, that sort of thing.

Jason, NorthernDave, Crankarm and 2 others like this.
  12. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

I wrap my inner tubes in clingfilm (and also dust with talc before wrapping. Other option is the tubes from here that are shrink wrrapped in tough something https://www.innertubeshop.com

Drago likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    froome

froome New Member

How often does everyone ride their bikes?

jay clock likes this.
  14. Drago

Drago Guru

6 days a week.

jay clock likes this.
  15. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

Most days, occasionally a day off..:okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice