Cycling equipment storage on a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User32269

Saddle pack with multi tool, mini pump, self adhesive patches, 2 tyre levers, spare tube, and a small first aid pack for repairing myself.

Maenchi

StoneDog
Two spare tubes, puncture kit, tyre levers, multi~tool, chain link ,zip ties ,mini pump, cloth, tucked into a customised Blackburn seat pack.

vickster

Legendary Member
Rack bag (which also has fold out panniers for shopping etc) with pump (a couple of bikes also have the bracket for the pump, rarely bother), usually tubes, tyre levers, multitool (also lights when not on bike etc). I can't be doing with crushing everything into a small saddle pack. Nothing goes in jersey pockets, I hate having anything against my lower back due to a large old surgical scar (arm warmers sometimes get stuff in there, but nothing hard)

This might give some ideas

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/recommended-equipment-to-carry.226879/

mangid

Guru
Lezyne Caddy Sack:
  • 2 inner tubes in Tyvek envelope (stop them be chaffed by other things in the bag)
  • CO2 pump and 2 CO2 cartridges
  • puncture repair kit
  • multitool
  • zip ties
  • string
  • spare quick link and spare bit of single spd chain
  • Surley Jethro Tool
  • money
All bikes also have a pump

Carried in rucksack when commuting, and jersey when out for leisure rides.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Yup. Only needed once or twice a year, normally, but saves a lot of time & hassle. A multitool with chain breaker, inner tube or 2 for longer rides, spare quick link, Lezyne self-adhesive patches and pump, and a tyre lever. I have been able to rescue others with these too.

Tim Hall

Saddle pack with 2 x tubes, levers, disposable gloves, multi tool., cut down 15mm spanner (it's a fixed wheel with nutted axles) This for an upto 10 mile semi rural commute

But here's the other side: Keep on top of the maintenance, make sure nuts and bolts are done up properly, consider puncture resistant tyres*. All these should reduce the likelihood of you needing the stuff in the first place.

* I'm running Durano Plus. I can't remember when I last had a puncture.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Keep a little zipped bag in my courier bag. Got a multitool, levers, 15 mm spanner, minipump, puncture repair kit, chain tool which is better than the one on the multitool. Sometimes have a cable tie, not currently though.

Always have a fat 700C tube and a thin 700C tube in the bag too (I switch bikes often)

If I was going for a leisure ride I'd just take the multitool, couple tubes, couple levers (ones from multitool went missing ages ago), pump.

Top Bottom