cycling equivalent of corn circles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sandra6

Veteran
If there is such a thing, I saw it this morning!
Walking the dog along a shared use path, thinking to myself "I think I'll walk to work" and checking out the couple of tracks left by more hardcore cyclists, I became bemused by the erratic pattern one such rider had left. At first it seemed he was a little wobbly but it soon became clear his weaving had been deliberate and he'd left a very wavy track. Then in the middle he'd done a complete circle later followeed by another. The second circle was impressively small, I'm not sure how he managed it. I almost feel I should go back and photograph the phenomenon.

Attachments

• IMG_20150114_093740.jpg
    IMG_20150114_093740.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20150114_093937.jpg
    IMG_20150114_093937.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20150114_093548.jpg
    IMG_20150114_093548.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Walking the dog along a shared use path, thinking to myself "I think I'll walk to work" and checking out the couple of tracks left by more hardcore cyclists, I became bemused by the erratic pattern one such rider had left. At first it seemed he was a little wobbly but it soon became clear his weaving had been deliberate and he'd left a very wavy track. Then in the middle he'd done a complete circle later followeed by another. The second circle was impressively small, I'm not sure how he managed it. I almost feel I should go back and photograph the phenomenon.
Take your camera next time you walk there? Sounds intriguing (although they're not corn circles unless you think the bike was being ridden by an alien....!)
upload_2015-1-14_8-23-43.jpeg

Could the 2nd smaller circle not be his/her rear wheel?

perhaps he was trying to warn his tyres?
warn his tyres of what? Snakes should be hibernating at this time of year:laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Are you sure he didn't puncture then lay the tyre on the ground?

classic33

Leg End Member
I say go back and get proof, before "they" clear it away!

Hyslop

Veteran
Given the weather,I think this unlikely,but were not looking for a uni cyclist are we?I dont know if youre familiar with this path,but if you follow the Cumbria Way between Dalston/Carlisle,the path is shared use and well used.I occasionally used to see a unicyclist whizzing along it-looks very odd in the distance as they come towards you!

Top Bottom